Nelson Rigg Tank Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson Rigg Tank Bag

Got it from New Enough for $41.00. It is the MG-950 magnetic model. Seems to be well built. No loose threads or hard to work zippers.Holds it's shape really well empty and stays where you put it. Made in USA too.

Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2006, 08:14 PM.

Same as Mine, Still Holding up well after a Year although Sun Faded because I Neglect to put the Cover on it. I like Mine Very Much and Would Buy Again.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Hey, I just got one of those from New Enough too! The FedEx truck dropped it off on Friday.

Very nice little bag -- most others are twice the price. I have a much larger strap mounted Tour Master tank bag, but it always spreads out like a big blob and interferes with the bars.

I needed something a little more narrow with a map pocket that mounted magnetically. This one has much better stiffeners in it so it should keep its shape loaded. The magnets are freakishly strong -- I don't know how you could lose this thing accidentally once it's stuck to the tank. And if you end up with too many souvenirs, it expands a couple of inches. It even comes with a rain cover.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Don't put your wallet to close to the bottom, I use a winter hat to space it off the bottom.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          Don't put your wallet to close to the bottom, I use a winter hat to space it off the bottom.
          I won't...but it does have a couple of pockets up top (and a cell phone holder) if I ever did.

And yes, the magnets are pretty stout. It's like six little hammers hitting it all at once if you're not careful.

Comment

8Track,

You may want to do something to protect that beautiful paint job. I don't think there has been a tank bag made that doesn't cause some scuffing of the paint. I use clear contact paper to protect the paint.

Thanks,
            Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
              8Track,

You may want to do something to protect that beautiful paint job. I don't think there has been a tank bag made that doesn't cause some scuffing of the paint. I use clear contact paper to protect the paint.

Thanks,
              Joe
              Thanks for the advice, Joe. :-D
              3m used to make a paint protecting adhesive film. I have a discontinued roll up here at work I can use.
              Also, the clear on the 550 was stacked, so I have plenty to buff if it gets out of hand.

BTW, wait 'till you see the paint job on the new 1000.:twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                Thanks for the advice, Joe. :-D
                3m used to make a paint protecting adhesive film. I have a discontinued roll up here at work I can use.
                Also, the clear on the 550 was stacked, so I have plenty to buff if it gets out of hand.

BTW, wait 'till you see the paint job on the new 1000.:twisted:
                Can't wait, I know this is going to the right home

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
                  8Track,

Thanks,
                  Joe
                  I use a strip of the Grip-It rubber mesh. It works even better with a non-magnetic bag; it keeps it from any sliding around.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep
                    I use a strip of the Grip-It rubber mesh. It works even better with a non-magnetic bag; it keeps it from any sliding around.
                    Thanks for the tip. I may try that as well. :-D

Comment

I'm ordering one of these ASAP...I've grown to hate riding with a backpack and strapping it down to the back of the bike.

Guess I'm growing up.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                        Guess I'm growing up.

~Adam
                        It happens...

Btw, I bought the matching tail bag at the same time to get me up to BC. Needless to say, I didn't get to use it. If you want it instead of a tank bag, PM me.
                        It's quite a bit bigger than the tank bag so you can put say...extra meat in it.:-D
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                          It happens...

Btw, I bought the matching tail bag at the same time to get me up to BC. Needless to say, I didn't get to use it. If you want it instead of a tank bag, PM me.
                          It's quite a bit bigger than the tank bag so you can put say...extra meat in it.:-D
                          ............or some garlic dressing!

............shower caps!

............condoms!

Damn, I'm cracking myself up!

Joe
                          IBA# 24077
                          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I picked up the same bag on ebay recently. Very good quality and IMO the perfect size. I can cram a textbook or two and a big notebook in it, so I can ride to class with no backpack, IF i can ever get this devil machine back together. :shock:

Comment

Based upon the comments of all you folks, I decided to get the Nelson Rigg brand tank bag. I purchased the larger sized CL350 magnetic bag and I am pleased with the quality of the bag for the price of around $56. Once again the GSR folks come through for me. Thanks once again, Ray
                              "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                              GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                              1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                              1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                              1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
                              X