Streetworks LTD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streetworks LTD.

I posted about a month ago on this but the thread has been deleted so I thought I would update. Back on Feb. 13th I ordered a set of headlight brackets from Streetworks. They are about the last parts I need to install my new front end. They finally responded about a month ago with the standard server problem excuse. They said they would look into things and give my order priority treatment. Well, I still haven't received them and once again no response to emails. Avoid them like the plague if you ever run across their site.

I just finished filling out a complaint form with the FBI Internet Fraud Division about these folks. I'll email them the specifics after the FBI emails me back. Maybe that will get their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
      I just finished filling out a complaint form with the FBI Internet Fraud Division about these folks. I'll email them the specifics after the FBI emails me back. Maybe that will get their attention.
      It's a done deal. The report may never see the light of day but who knows. I'd love to see their site shut down. No telling how many people they've ripped off.

Comment

FBI Internet Fraud Division

I got ripped off by a (previously) well-respected Internet pro audio broker for $2500 , and filled out the same form. Never heard back from the FBI, so I finally called them back to inquire into the status of my complaint. They told me anything less than $5000 was below their threshold of action. I'm still pursuing it through civil court, but the Feds seem as useless in this matter as most others. If you paid by credit card, even if through Paypal, talk to your credit card company about doing a chargeback against the merchant; that should get their attention, because the merchant has your payment taken back by the credit card company until it is resolved. BTW, pay the credit card company the disputed amount while they deal with it or you'll be charged interest on the disputed amount until the dispute is resolved.
        1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax
          I got ripped off by a (previously) well-respected Internet pro audio broker for $2500 , and filled out the same form. Never heard back from the FBI, so I finally called them back to inquire into the status of my complaint. They told me anything less than $5000 was below their threshold of action. I'm still pursuing it through civil court, but the Feds seem as useless in this matter as most others. If you paid by credit card, even if through Paypal, talk to your credit card company about doing a chargeback against the merchant; that should get their attention, because the merchant has your payment taken back by the credit card company until it is resolved. BTW, pay the credit card company the disputed amount while they deal with it or you'll be charged interest on the disputed amount until the dispute is resolved.
          I paid with my debit card which is handled by MasterCard. My wife works at the credit union that issued the card. I'll have her see if it's possible to do anything. At the very least maybe the bastages will get shook up over the FBI having a file on them.

Comment

Let's hope! I look at all avenues of attack, so I wanted to alert you to the possibility any leverage you can get. Maybe your wife will have some good news about the possibility of a Mastercard chargeback. That's why I forced my bank to give me an ATM-only card, as the check cards don't have the same protections under the law as credit cards, written back when our government was actually trying to protect consumers from unscrupulous credit scams. Now, with the government a wholly-owned subsidiary of Big Business , it's open season on US.
            1979 GS 1000

Comment

I paid with my debit card which is handled by MasterCard. My wife works at the credit union that issued the card. I'll have her see if it's possible to do anything. At the very least maybe the bastages will get shook up over the FBI having a file on them.
              For sure contact the number on the card to dispute this. One of the great thing about CC Debit cards is you get reg credit card-like protection.

Once the CC company reverses the charge you can just about COUNT on some action from the seller. They will likely dispute it. If they do keep at them. I am assuming at this point you'd rather have your money back anyways in this case.

We had to do this with a purchase we never recieved. We used our Visa debit card. You should have it even easier than we did as they never even shipped your part.

Hope it works out for you!

Depending on how bad it gets you can try the BBB as well. We have, however, had varying results with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450
                For sure contact the number on the card to dispute this. One of the great thing about CC Debit cards is you get reg credit card-like protection.

Once the CC company reverses the charge you can just about COUNT on some action from the seller. They will likely dispute it. If they do keep at them. I am assuming at this point you'd rather have your money back anyways in this case.

We had to do this with a purchase we never recieved. We used our Visa debit card. You should have it even easier than we did as they never even shipped your part.

Hope it works out for you!

Depending on how bad it gets you can try the BBB as well. We have, however, had varying results with them.
                Actually I'd like to have the brackets, but i don't have any hope I'll ever see them. My wife was seeing what could be done today through the credit union.

Comment

My wife brought the paperwork home with her to initiate a charge back against Streetworks. It turns out we had 120 days to file the claim. If Worldpay is anything like Paypal they should freeze their account.

Comment

Finally got an email from them today. Seems the FBI report got their attention. The latest claim is they will issue a full refund in the next few days. We'll see.

Comment

Another update. They were supposed to have refunded my money last week but just another stall tactic. I had the wife go ahead with the charge back yesterday.

Comment

Just got notification today of a refund. It is pending but it is underway.

Comment

Just got notification today of a refund. It is pending but it is underway.
                          From the bank or streetworks?

Comment

Good news Billy! When they get the charge back fees it will maybe wake them up

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                              From the bank or streetworks?
                              The bank credited our account. The funds are pending to give Streetworks a chance to respond. It was paid for through Worldpay which is a Brit version of Paypal. Maybe they'll suspend the bastages account like Paypal does.

Comment

Working...
                              X