Aj-usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aj-usa

I am not singing their high praise here but I do have to say that they went out of their way to keep in contact with me and get me the part despite the fact that K&N told them it would be back ordered. Sold me the filter for the same price listed on K&N's web site and gave me free shipping. I just got the filter tonight. I am very happy with this purchase so I thought I would plug them. Cost me 48 bucks for a K&N high flow replacement air filter for my 83 GS1100E. Took just a little over two weeks to get it despite back order. Not too bad. Free shipping, I like that

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/store/start?r=store&
    Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2006, 12:01 AM.

K&N stock replacement in the original airbox

Hey Hoomie, it looks you're using the stock airbox on your new (to you!) 1100. I've been thinking of doing the same to minimize the effect of weather changes, but putting on a set of Jardine headers. Are you running headers on the 1100? I assume I'll need a Dynojet kit to get mixture right, and thought I'd ask your advice, as I know you went through a lot to get the jetting on your 1000 with pods. I know that I'll probably need a different stage kit, and wondered if you had any thoughts on the subject. Thanks.
    1979 GS 1000

Comment

If you're running the stock airbox you may not need the kit. Get the exhaust first then do some plug reads. If you need the kit Stage 1 should be all you need and it will have enough adjustment built in so if you go to a K&N replacement filter element you'll still be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
        If you're running the stock airbox you may not need the kit. Get the exhaust first then do some plug reads. If you need the kit Stage 1 should be all you need and it will have enough adjustment built in so if you go to a K&N replacement filter element you'll still be okay.
        What Billy Said Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X