Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron Ayers

Well my patience finally ran out.

Back on May 8 I ordered a carb synch tool and a cable luber tool. The transaction was made on the website. About a week later I went back into my emails to find the receipt, only I hadn't received one. Called them up on May 15, and sure enough, no record of my order, server error or something. My CC hadn't been charged, so I bought the bullet since I should have looked for a receipt.

Flash forward 15 days. I call them again looking for a tracking number, they say it should be delivered today. They provide me a tracking number, they hang up. I look up tracking number; it's going to Maine. Call them up again. On hold another 10 minutes. Tell them the problem. 10 minutes later she's back with a new tracking number, and she hangs up again. This tracking number is going to colorado.

Long story short. I'm livid. If I ever get my order, great. But I'm not ordering from them again. Maybe their prices are 10 bucks cheaper on certain items. but I'll gladly pay bike bandit that difference to avoid an entire 6 business day processing time followed by 5 business days shipping, as BB has always had my stuff within 5 business days barring back order.

Try the 5 months I've been waiting with Streetworks LTD. for a set of headlight brackets I ordered on FEB. 13th. Time to contact the FBI internet fraud division.

Comment

Sounds like a company that started out small and is getting too big for its britches..... I called a couple of weeks ago and got "hold" 3 times.

Somebody needs to email "Ron" (if there is one ) and give him a heads up that his customer service sucks and if he wants to sell to our market he might want to list what he sells.

There is a junkyard I used to go to that had a cranky drunk owner, who only answered his phone once in a while. His prices were great, but not consistent ( you buy an alternator and the next time you go it may be 10 to 20 dollars different, same model car) , Plus you had to go an sniff the part out of chaos.

But you saved a few bucks.

Comment

Update: STILL NO PACKAGE.

Though they said it would be here several days ago.

Comment

Here is a quote from ronayers FAQ.

Do you have parts for my older motorcycle?
          No, we do not sell parts for bikes older than 20 years old. The manufacturers are only obligated to manufacture parts for bikes 10 years after their manufacture date. If the bike is older than 20 years old then chances are that the parts are discontinued. We do not keep parts in stock for bikes older than 10 years.

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna
          Sounds like a company that started out small and is getting too big for its britches..... I called a couple of weeks ago and got "hold" 3 times.

Somebody needs to email "Ron" (if there is one ) and give him a heads up that his customer service sucks and if he wants to sell to our market he might want to list what he sells.

There is a junkyard I used to go to that had a cranky drunk owner, who only answered his phone once in a while. His prices were great, but not consistent ( you buy an alternator and the next time you go it may be 10 to 20 dollars different, same model car) , Plus you had to go an sniff the part out of chaos.

But you saved a few bucks.

Comment

What's the point? Its not the delay due to manufacturing acquisition, it's the fact that their shipping is a joke and their internal inventory tracking is a nightmare. They can't provide me an accurate shipping number if their business depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by J_C
              What's the point? Its not the delay due to manufacturing acquisition, it's the fact that their shipping is a joke and their internal inventory tracking is a nightmare. They can't provide me an accurate shipping number if their business depended on it.
              The point is they DO sell parts for bikes they say they don't, so in other words they don't have a clue.

I have ordered twice and twice it took 2-3 weeks to get parts. So if you
              want to save a buck go ahead if you have the time, if not I'd buy elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rckrzy1
                Here is a quote from ronayers FAQ.

Do you have parts for my older motorcycle?
                No, we do not sell parts for bikes older than 20 years old. The manufacturers are only obligated to manufacture parts for bikes 10 years after their manufacture date. If the bike is older than 20 years old then chances are that the parts are discontinued. We do not keep parts in stock for bikes older than 10 years.
                But as others have stated they do sell parts for older bikes....I have bought from them before. I still think that they are a small company that is having growing pains from having too much business.

Comment

Cycle Recycle 2 probably has both of the parts you need, in fact, I bought my carb sync tool from them. They're great, answer the phone always, and I've never had an issue with an online purchase.

www.usedmotorcycleparts.com links to their website.

~Adam

Comment

I know, I've purchases from CRC before and they were great. Got caught looking to save a buck, now I'm paying for it! =]

Comment

I have purchased tires from ronayers twice, and had no problem of any kind.
                      Last purchase was 2004 ( I hardly rode the bike last year due to personal stuffs), but then I got a prompt answer, placed the order, and it arrived by Fedex in a few days.

As a bonus...Fedex delivered it without any customs brokerage fees or taxes. That is a bonus compared to UPS who NEVER deliver anything without grabbing extra money from you as their "customs fees", plus claiming taxes paid.....even when Customs says there is no tax or duty payable on the item.
                      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by J_C
                        I know, I've purchases from CRC before and they were great. Got caught looking to save a buck, now I'm paying for it! =]
                        That is precisely why I use Bike Bandit. They often are a bit more money. Sometimes less, but always come through. I place the order and that is it. I am done. I don't need to do any more work. They keep me updated on the status of back ordered or cross shipped items without me even asking as well as the items that shipped. If something in the order goes on back order then the rest of it ships and the back order comes when it is available. No additional shipping charge. And I NEVER have to ask them the status of anything. They keep me in the loop.

They do all the leg work to find the parts for me. They just sent me brand new fairing mount brackets both top and bottom for a 1979 GS1000S model. Those parts are rare and they found them and shipped them to me inside of two weeks. I had the parts in 10 days. Pay a little more and get the good service. You certainly get what you pay for in this area.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Wow, really suprised to hear of trouble from them...

I have ordered several items from Ron Ayers and always got my order in short fashion. Granted, I do live in SC, and they are in Charlotte, NC, I believe. I have ordered tools, service manuals, and wheel bearings for a set of '87 gsxr 1100 rims that are going on my GS...steering head bearings for my GS, too. I'll take Ron Ayers factory parts over knock-off parts any day. I have used CRC2 in the past, and was happy with them, as I have been with BikeBandit.com
                          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Yeah, I kind of figured out part of the problem. The last 5 days of delays were due to shipping errors. Basically, the dude on the phone spelled just about everything wrong even though I spelled it out for him. So it was floating around Northern California for a while until Fed Ex was able to figure out the address Ron Ayers gave them.

Customer service did try every time I called... maybe they just had some major difficulties last month. I would give them another try on a non-time sensitive part. But for OEM I'll stick to Bike Bandit, and for most other things I'll continue going to CRC (where I got my oil filters)

Comment

Working...
                            X