GIVI A605 Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIVI A605 Windshield

I was looking for a small windscreen for my GS1000 since a broke my “S” fairing. I looked at a number of them and most seemed quite good quality and easy to install. But the main problem installing these on my GS1000 is the confined space on the handle bar to mount anything due to my low rise super sport bars and the old style brake master cylinder. The GIVI A605 and mounting hardware fit perfectly for my application. The hardware is top quality and the installation took me about 3/4 hour and that included removing everything again so I could shorten the mounting rods due to the confined space. Which by the way are top quality stainless steel. With higher bars it could be mounted in about 15 to 20 minutes. The screen itself is formed in compound curves rather than just a bent flat piece of plexiglass and has a molded lip around the edge which makes it surprisingly rigid. The test ride revealed no access vibration or buzzing and fairly good wind protection for a small fairing. Tested up to 100mph+ the handle bar mounts held firm, didn’t try to rotate back and didn’t produce any abnormal handling issues. Great product, great price. At around $100 I would consider an excellent buy and it's a top quality product.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Looks a Lot like the National Cycle Screen that's on My 850, Maybe just a tad Bigger. I didn't care for it at First but it's Grown on Me in the Last Year.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Sandy, it looks like the mounts obstruct your view of the clocks a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
        Sandy, it looks like the mounts obstruct your view of the clocks a bit?
        Yeah they do a bit. The right mount as you can see had to go where it is but only blocks the tach after redline. I only sometimes by mistake end up with the needle over there and by then I'm usually grimacing with my eyes closed so I guess that part being blocked doesn't really matter much. The left hand mount had to go where it is because, well, it matches the right hand mount. I suppose I could have moved it farther to the left to have a clearer view of the speedo, but really, it's only a speedo.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Swap the mounts. You'll get enough room to see your clocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy
            Great product, great price. At around $100 I would consider an excellent buy and it's a top quality product.
            Wow! When did Givi start offering reasonable pricing on ANYTHING?

It does look good, if you like windscreens. Obviously very high quality, too.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy
              Swap the mounts. You'll get enough room to see your clocks.
              Good observation, I'll have to look it that. I think I tried that but the tip of the master cylinder was going to be in the way, maybe I can slide the right mount to the left slightly and get a little more room, it was really tight there. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
                Wow! When did Givi start offering reasonable pricing on ANYTHING?

It does look good, if you like windscreens. Obviously very high quality, too.
                I really didn't personally like windscreens either. It's the first actual windscreen I've had on a motorcycle in thirty seven years of riding. I've always ridden either naked bikes or sport bikes and wouldn't call what they come with windscreens. It's going to take some getting used, kind of makes me feel like I'm offically a member of the oldfarts club.

Comment

Working...
                X