Moremanuals: Ebay seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moremanuals: Ebay seller

I have not had a good experience with this guy. I purchased a Clymer GS850 manual from him and got a GS650 manual instead. I tried to contact hiim twice over the period of a week, and got no reply until I requested his contact information through ebay.

He promised a refund on shipping and asked me to ship the manual back. I promptly did, and have heard nothing from him for three weeks. No refund, no manual. I sent him an email the other day, and got no reply.

The manual listing says that it is for a GS850 manual, with all the appropriate pictures and descriptions. The header of the listing lists the part number for the GS650 manual. It is probably an honest mistake, but the resolution seems to be very slow in coming.

Today, I got an email from another ebayer who had the exact problem with the same manual. I replied to him with my story, and then directed him towards the GSR. The email I got back thanked me twice for recommending this site. I am now going through the dispute process at paypal. We'll see how that works.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2006, 06:51 PM.

...I have not had a good experience with this guy...
    What guy? ebay user name? Item #?

Comment

Sorry about that.

Seller: moremanuals

Item Number: 8039132646

Comment

Originally posted by steely
        I have not had a good experience with this guy. I purchased a Clymer GS850 manual from him and got a GS650 manual instead. I tried to contact hiim twice over the period of a week, and got no reply until I requested his contact information through ebay.

He promised a refund on shipping and asked me to ship the manual back. I promptly did, and have heard nothing from him for three weeks. No refund, no manual. I sent him an email the other day, and got no reply.

The manual listing says that it is for a GS850 manual, with all the appropriate pictures and descriptions. The header of the listing lists the part number for the GS650 manual. It is probably an honest mistake, but the resolution seems to be very slow in coming.

Today, I got an email from another ebayer who had the exact problem with the same manual. I replied to him with my story, and then directed him towards the GSR. The email I got back thanked me twice for recommending this site. I am now going through the dispute process at paypal. We'll see how that works.
        Hi...got promised a refund on shuipping also...all my emails to MoreManuals have been numbered.....I mention to them that having over 2000 positive feedback doesn't mean a lot when you see that all the negative and neutral feedback was for practically the same thing as we had happen to us.....
        Never heard from 3rd buyer, Ron something ,

Got email today from MM that my wrong manual arrived yesterday...I knew it had as I email him when it showed delivered ( I always use delivery confirm..just 50 cents) and he said my manual should ship today or tomorrow....I also told them ther would be NO FEEDBACK left until the transaction was completed properly.....MM did ask if I wanted the correct manual (yeah stupid) or a refund.....of course I told them I wanted the correct manual.

Waiting to see what happens now.

Comment

Cool, at least he is taking care of you. I have yet to hear anything from him after shipping the manual back to him.

Comment

i am not sure where i'd be if i had not contacted you and the other buyer (who has never responded back), but he may have contacted MM and told them I was contacting the other buyers....I also hit the link to their store where I found an email addy on Yahoo for them.....so almopst every email I sent thru ebay, I also sent thru their yahoo address, numbered...we will see how it goes as the return address was to a JUSTIN hENTON at the publishing company Prism Business Media........

With numbered messages if I had to contact ebay and paypal it would have been a no brainer as I was going to contact you and advise you to take action.....I am glad you contacted paypal.

I really wish there was a way to leave feedback on sellers who just never reply to questions....I always reply to ?'s sent to me even if the auctions is over when the email arrives.....I do not ignore anyone when I am the seller.

Good luck with Paypal........if you need anyinfo from me to help your case let me know.

Comment

Steely call the number on the return label and complain to them as well as PayPal.

Just got a reply from the 3rd buyer......he said he did not even try to contact MM but went straight to the phone number on the return label and found out that MM is just a middleman...the people who he called told him not to bother with sending the GS650 manual back and they shipped and he has already recieved his correct replacement. :-D

Comment

That is great information, thanks!

Comment

Just trying to help.

Comment

Well last Tuesday I got my last email from MoreManuals...stating I should have my postage refund within 24hrs and the manual was to be shipped that day........

Well neither one has happened

So I left negative feedback and.... STEELY YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME.........

all in all i have sent moremanuals 9 emails total.......5 of those after 6-20 asking about refund and tracking numbers..to which there have been no replys......my last email I even explained that since MoremANUALS IS IN kc mo, just a mere 3 hr drive, that I was going to seek help from the DA office here in Wichita for Internet Fraud and that I would report Ebay and Paypal the whole mess.....

So MoreManuals has until Monday (6-26-06) to make good on his or her promises of refunds and correct manual.

Comment

Unfortunately, I already left feedback. I had just gotten the incorrect manual in and had not looked at it too closely. I took it out of the packing sleeve and verified that it was a Clymer manual. It was later on that afternoon, after leaving feedback, that i discovered it was the wrong manual. Could you PM me the number that you called? I have not been able to find the return label for the manual.

Comment

I just recieved the correct manual today. It took more than a month from a very uncommunicative seller. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Got mine today also....however the first thing I noticed is that there are no vacuum diagrams..and that some descriptions and photos are mis-numbered.....mis numbering in what I found was not a big deal but it was on page 2 of the manual......
                          Now I am wondering if I should chance returning and trying to find actual Suzuki service manual.........

Comment

Originally posted by ARTSCOTT
                            Got mine today also....however the first thing I noticed is that there are no vacuum diagrams..and that some descriptions and photos are mis-numbered.....mis numbering in what I found was not a big deal but it was on page 2 of the manual......
                            Now I am wondering if I should chance returning and trying to find actual Suzuki service manual.........
                            Do you think that these books are misprints of some sort? I think you will find that the Clymer, Haynes etc. are more geared towards do-it-yourselfers. Genuine Suzuki manuals more towards mechanics. I think it is best to have all the info available. Inevitably one will have something that the other won't. I looked on Amazon and did not see that exact Clymer manual. I did see that you may have gotten it cheaper.

This guy presently has a feed back rating of 2155(2213 actaual). Pretty high especially considering he's only been on ebay for two years. At 99.5 percent positive feedback, he's doing something right. Sounds like returns are not his strong point :?.

Comment

Working...
                            X