Dennis Kirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dennis Kirk

This place never fails to impress me. Ordered at 6:30 PM last night, box with parts on my doorstep at 9 AM today. Granted I live close, but they always have everything IN STOCK. Never a backorder. Got a great deal on a closeout rear tire for my 550E. :-D :-D :-D

I ordered a pair of tires for the Concours Monday morning at about 7AM. I had them this afternoon, Wednesday, at 3PM. UPS ground, Minnesota to KY, nothing special. I did pay a few bucks more than at some web tire stores. But I've been dealing with Dennis Kirk many years and there is never a question about getting what I ordered, when I ordered it. That's worth five bucks or so. Plus the free catalog is a great cross reference for a lot of parts.

Comment

The DK web site actually tells you how many of each item they have in stock. I love that.

There's nothing more irritating to me than the words "well, we can order that for ya", especially at a brick-and-mortar store. Why would I EVER want to place yet another middleman between me and the goodies I need? I want to order direct from the factory if possible, or at least from someone who actually has inventory.

I've always found it highly annoying that Parts Unlimited does not have a direct-to-consumer channel, yet they have a virtual monopoly on distributing motorsports-related goods. That's at least two extra layers of middlemen I could do without.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
        I've always found it highly annoying that Parts Unlimited does not have a direct-to-consumer channel, yet they have a virtual monopoly on distributing motorsports-related goods. That's at least two extra layers of middlemen I could do without.
        A dealer told me that's who Dennis Kirk is, the retail side of Parts Unlimited. I don't know that for a fact, just hearsay. The tires I just received had Parts Unlimited/Drag Specialty labels on them. Other parts I've ordered in the past few years were also labeled Parts Unlimited. Could be.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
          I ordered a pair of tires for the Concours Monday morning at about 7AM. I had them this afternoon, Wednesday, at 3PM. UPS ground, Minnesota to KY, nothing special. I did pay a few bucks more than at some web tire stores. But I've been dealing with Dennis Kirk many years and there is never a question about getting what I ordered, when I ordered it. That's worth five bucks or so. Plus the free catalog is a great cross reference for a lot of parts.

They will also beat any advertised/cataloge price over $100. by a buck. :-D

Comment

yeah, Dennis Kirk rules. I live really close too, so anything I order arrives the next day, which is amazing. Most places take a day or two to ship out, but they don't. They have it in stock, and get it out the door fast :-D

Comment

I had to follow up here...
              I called another local dealer, someone who I was intially impressed with at first....
              I need (really bad!!) sprockets for my GPZ. Yes, replacing the chain as well...
              Anyway, called them up, and immediately they say they dont have anything that old in stock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt a sprocket, just a sprocket???
              Anyway, decided to call DK...going to get everythng here by 2nd day for the low low price of $118, including the 2nd day air.
              They took my order quickly, had all the answers to my questions...and IN STOCK...unlike BB which is a cr@p shoot, and can never get a straight answer from...

Comment

Dennis Kirk is my preferred vendor for anything they carry, outside of tires. They have never failed to give good service. Earlier this year I was ordering some bar-end mirrors, and after I place the order I remembered that they had some rain pants on clearance that I wanted to buy. Not wanting to pay minimum shipping on two orders, I called them up and asked if they could ammend the order to add the pants. They said no, but they took the order for the pants and shipped them no charge.
                JP
                1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                1992 Concours
                2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                2007 FJR

Comment

DK has recently lowered tire pricing significantly -- when you factor in free shipping, on all the GS sizes I checked, they're lower or within a few bucks of the mega-discounters like Southwest Moto Tires and Tires Unlimited.

They used to have sky-high tire prices, so they weren't worth considering unless you were really stuck. No any more! \\/

There's some bad data in their application guide, so you do need to know your tire sizes. No big deal.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I ordered a new seat cover from DK after 11:00 on Monday and have it on the bike tonight (Wed). Saddleman cover for a '83 750T - it went on fast and looks / feels great! \\/
                    Hondas
                    '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                    Suzuki
                    '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                    Kaw
                    '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Great service Great Price

Ordered a set of Nelson Rigg saddlebags on July 27. Got here today August 09. $40.45 including shipping. Got the STSB 250 standard bags. Very impressed with the quaility of the bags. This is the second time I have ordered from Dennis Kirk and will do much more business with them. They know what customer service means.
                      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Thanksgiving morning .. called them because I found a tire cheaper somewhere else.

They beat the competitor cost by $1 .. saved me 10%.

Very nice lady on the phone handled it from beginning to end.

Comment

I made a midnight order the other night for some tires. After a long battle with trying to figure out the whole tire thing, I realized immediately the next morning that I ordered the rear as a 17" when it should have been a 16". I called customer service to get it changed. The woman who answered the phone said that it was probably already on the truck. She almost left it at that but since she said 'probably' I asked her to check. She put me on hold for a few moments and returned to say that it was already on the truck. My first thought was that she really just put me on hold and then lied to me, based on her demeanor. So the next day I went ahead and ordered the replacement tire with the idea that I would just send then wrong one back and deal with the idea that I have to eat the shipping on that. So a day later I get a shippment confirmation for the 2nd order but I never received one for the 1st order. Hmmm. A little while later I finally got a shipping confirmation for the 1st order. The first order had some tire irons on it too and it appears that the order was broken up into two shippments with the second part shipping a day later, hence the delayed notification. On investigating the tracking info for the first order, I found that UPS didn't even get the pick up request until late in the afternoon of the day she said it was on the truck, and they didn't even make the pick up until 11PM that day!. So I feel like the customer service rep really did lie to me. I looked up thier returns policy and it seems like it might only cost me $7.99 for my mistake which doesn't bug me too much, but if it ends up being closer to $20 I probably won't order from them again. The savings might not be worth the customer service hassle.

Comment

Gs1000s fork leg link kit

I orderd a Gs1000s fork leg link kit 2/3 weeks ago from DKs
                            Arrived here In England within 7days with no problems well pleased.

Comment

Its gotta be those MN people
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                              X