Throttle assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle assist

This is a minor little item but I cant believe the difference it has made. I have been having a minor vibration problem on the throttle side. Around town it isn't a big deal but on any sustained ride of over half an hour it was murder on my throttle hand. It would go numb and be quite painful. I picked up a throttle assist (or throttle rocker) for under 12.00. What a difference! Those longer rides are a dream now. My throttle hand is relaxed and comfortable during rides. I can't believe I've been riding so long without one. By far the best $12.00 I've spent on the bike.

I have a removable one.
    It came with my "other" bike.
    It does slip a little, just a minor adjustment.
    Seems to be ok, maybe I'll get used to it.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Skip let me borrow his last year at the Southeastern Rally. I bought an adjustable one as soon as I got home. I use it all the time. It takes a bit to get used to at first, especially around town, but its great if you do any highway travel.

Comment

What I use is a whole lot cheaper, and safer. I screw a hose clamp around the inside part of the grip so the metal strip coming out of the screw is on the underside of the grip and facing me. I just wedge my thumb up against it and relax my hand. You can also hook the screw part with your glove. There are at least a couple of possibilities.

I like the throttle rocker okay, but I would never use it in traffic or around town. You have to be careful to not let it get in the way when you need to shut off the throttle in a hurry. The hose clamp does not present any such problem. Also, once you have it situated in the right position for your riding it does not slip.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
        X