New Enough/Powertrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Enough/Powertrip

I can't remember who mentioned them first, but I found out about these guys on the GS resources awhile back and then mostly forgot about them.

I've been looking for a mesh or vented jacket for awhileamd running into prices I didn't like or questionable sizing guidelines. Apparently 2XL isn't 2XL any more. And the fact that one of the brands I looked at didn't fit in what was supposedly 5XL was almost depressing. I'm not a tiny guy, but c'mon.

I was at the local shop the other day poking around, trying to decide if I was going to buy a modular helmet this year, or wait until the Goldwing project hits the road ( hopefully next summer) and I found a jacket by Powertrip that wasn't the exact style I had in mind, but was very close to what i was willing to pay. The largest they had was 2XL, which i could almost zip, but was defineately to tight in the shoulders. Took it to the customer service desk and asked them if they could get one a size larger and got a whole runaround about how they weren't sure if they were going to be getting anymore and that the price ($99) was a clearance price and was actually lower than what they paid for them , etc., etc. I even offered to pay for it up front if they could get the next size up and keep the price under $120. They just didn't seem to want to be bothered. This isn't the first time I've gotten lackluster service there, but they are local and you somehow always end up back there for one thing or another.

When I got home i started looking on the internet for that same model jacket. Found a bunch for a similar price, but ridiculous shipping and then suddenly remembered New Enough being mentiond here. Found the same jacket in their closeouts section for $85 and fair shipping.

Now here is what really impressed me. I ordered this on a Saturday afternoon on a pre-holiday weekend, and the site already gave me the info that it would be drop shiped from the supplier. I got an e-mail from their customer service on Monday ( surprised me because practically noone around here was working on Monday) confirming the order. Then there was the Holiday. I fully expected to either here that the item wasn't available due to being a close out, or to at least not see it for maybe a week or two. It was here today when i got home from work. I figure, due to the holiday, that was actually a little less than 2 days to get it to me. That's just awesome. So I definately reccomend these guys.

I know I'm getting long winded, but a quick "first glance" review on the jacket. It's the Powertrp TT jacket http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...jacket/gun.jpg.

First off, it fits, comfortably, which really surprised me, because I expected the sleeves to ride up a little as it is not a "tall" size. It has extra padding/armor at the elbows, back, kidney area and across the shoulders. I'll need a little time to get used to that, but it is by no means uncomfortable. It's got some decent venting and a removable liner. I don't know how much warmth the liner will actually provide, but i was looking for a warm weather jacket and I usually keep a swetshirt in the saddle bag anyway.

This wasn't my first choice for the style, but for the price i can live with it and I don't think I could have asked for quicker service delivery. Haven't tried it on a ride yet, but I'm definately impressed with New Enough.

I enjoy stories with a happy ending! Nice buy!

Comment

I have Bought Two Jackets, A Helmet and Gloves from Them and they provide Great Prices AND First Rate Service Every Time. The Helmet was too small and the Exchange was Easy Too!
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Same here - I've made two or three orders from them and had stellar service and best in business pricing every time. I've also recommended them to others and received similar feedback afterwards. I can't say the same thing for MAW - the one time I had to exchange something with them was an absolute nightmare.

Comment

I have purchased an embarrassing amount of gear (at least four jackets, many pairs of gloves, helmets, pants, tank bag, etc. and so on) from New Enough, and they have always been amazing, both in pricing and service.

MotorcycleGear.com: Your source for the latest motorcycle gear and the hottest motorcycle closeouts!

Once I typed in the wrong Zip code (my bad), and I didn't notice until the jacket was already on its way. Unfortunately, I was headed out for a 10 day trip that week and REALLY needed the touring jacket.

I called up, and they immediately shipped me another jacket via overnight service (I had to pay the quite reasonable overnight shipping fee, since it was my foul-up) and asked me to simply send the original jacket back to them when I returned. This was outstanding customer service, IMHO.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer
            I have purchased an embarrassing amount of gear from New Enough, and they have always been amazing, both in pricing and service.

http://newenough.com
            Ditto that. More than I care to admit. So much so that I have worn 5 New Enough purchased garments just this year alone. One of them (riding pants) for the first time just today! Boots, boots, boots, gloves, jackets, pants, etc...

It's shameful. However, my entire family has full safety gear to wear when riding with dad. I would not have even a quarter of what I have without them.

Comment

Another happy New Enough customer here...
              Two jackets, Tank bag, Tail bag. All of it shipped fast. I like 'em. :-D

Comment

I just bought a Joe Rocket canvas jacket and a Nelson Rigg tank bag from them. Their prices and service are excellant. I highly recommend them. :-D

Comment

Working...
                X