Ape Gs Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ape Gs Zone

Well, I hate to drop a bad line ,but after two problems ,it's deserved.I called APE in January and ordered a cap for my 1100ez,the one on the valve cover for the breather.I sent a PICTURE of mine,because the one in the photo on their website is for a 8 valve,and totally different.Well , $40.00 and two weeks later,they send ,what else , the wrong one!! O.K. I call and talk to Page,the phone answerer , at APE, and they can't figure out what strange bike I must have ....are you kidding? So I send the thing back,with my original broken cap,to match it up.No phone call back from them for two weeks.I call them.It seems they have to custom make this strange part. I tell them just to send my money back.No problem.,but they screw me on the shipping ,after I spent shipping back to them plus shipping my old part.
    Fast forward to July 10.I call Page (counterguy again),and tell him I need a clutch hub nut (can't screw this up ,can they???).He tells me after all the problems with the last order,he'll send it for free. How cool.Well here again it's August 1,no nut.I make a call,to Page ,and he tells me they are out of them.They have to make some,or something.Meanwhile,the 1100,has cobwebs on it now,and I,m on the hunt to MTC or Pingle for a nut.What ****es me off the most is ,how about a phone call after two weeks or better, and let me know that they're flaking out,so I can shop somewhere else and make the bike run again.I would have thought APE was more reputable than this.Maybe I didn't spend enough money to rate.I'll give my business to someone else,like MTC.I know they're professionals

I used Ape for adjustable cam sprockets and they were on. Fast shipping and courteous sales rep. To bad they muddled up your orders.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i've never even heard of them... maybe just as well... thanks for the info.

Comment

Just Email Jay, let him know whats going on and he'll fix you up \\/
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I've ALWAYS had good service from APE. I'm sorry you have problems, I hope they can work it out for you.

Hap

Comment

Working...
          X