Joe Rocket Mercury Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rocket Mercury Gloves

I've been looking for some new gloves all season. None of the bike shops in my area seem to have any gloves with a long gauntlet, which I feel is a must-have. I've always said that I wouldn't buy gloves without trying them on but I finally broke down and ordered some Joe Rocket Mercury gloves from Newenough.com. They're on closeout for $39.99. They're normally $89.99. They fit me VERY well. You might say 'like a glove'. I wore them for a 960 mile weekend trip to VMD in ohio and they were comfortable as can be. I liked them so much I bought a second pair! I think it would be hard to find a better deal on a great pair of gloves. Newenough still has a pretty good selection of colors and sizes so order up soon! Here's Paul's description and a link:

The key feature with the Mercury glove is the Pittards Ceramic infused leather used in the palm. Racers like a thin soft leather in the palm of a glove, but for obvious reasons they want something that is abrasion resistant too. Kangaroo is a very popular hide for this purpose in high-cost gloves, but the Pittards leather is specially designed and treated to give very similar properties at a more reasonable price. These gloves are very comfortable and provide good feel for the controls. Originally, this glove was sold as an entry level racing glove, but on closeout, it's affordable for everyday street/sport riding as well. These gloves offer extensive padding on the backs of the fingers, knuckles and wrist. There is a double layer of leather in the palm also. A Velcro-close strap at the wrist keeps the gloves firmly in place and the gauntlet also adjusts for a good fit over jacket/suit sleeves.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...loves_page.htm

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Thanks for the info and review, Joe. They look plug-ugly to me, but so do most gloves these days (to my eyes).

Based on your recommendation, I ordered a pair of XL black ones (only color they had but the only one I could halfway stand). If the comfort and function are good, eventually they will probably look better and better as I get used to them.

I hope I am as happy with them as you are, but if not I am holding you personally responsible.

just kidding:-D :-D :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks
      Thanks for the info and review, Joe. They look plug-ugly to me, but so do most gloves these days (to my eyes).

Based on your recommendation, I ordered a pair of XL black ones (only color they had but the only one I could halfway stand). If the comfort and function are good, eventually they will probably look better and better as I get used to them.

I hope I am as happy with them as you are, but if not I am holding you personally responsible.

just kidding:-D :-D :-D
      Thanks, Boondocks.

I'm glad there's no pressure on me.:-D I agree that these gloves are a bit ugly, only because of the race styling. But I must say they're much more comfortable than any glove I've ever tried on with plastic or carbon fiber inserts. The Pittards leather and pre-curved design make these gloves a perfect right out of the bag, at least for my hand size (standard size large). I hope they work out as well for you as they did for me. As a matter of fact, I like these gloves so much that if you don't like yours and they are my size I will buy them from you...............................................

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

joe rocket mercury gloves

thanks for the tip,just got them today.perfect fit and super quick shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by gke84
          thanks for the tip,just got them today.perfect fit and super quick shipping.
          You're very welcome. I'm glad they fit you well. Newenough is great for customer service and quick shipping. You can sign up on their website for email notification of special deals. That's how I found these gloves.

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy
            Thanks, Boondocks.

I'm glad there's no pressure on me.:-D I agree that these gloves are a bit ugly, only because of the race styling. But I must say they're much more comfortable than any glove I've ever tried on with plastic or carbon fiber inserts. The Pittards leather and pre-curved design make these gloves a perfect right out of the bag, at least for my hand size (standard size large). I hope they work out as well for you as they did for me. As a matter of fact, I like these gloves so much that if you don't like yours and they are my size I will buy them from you...............................................

Thanks,
            Joe
            Thanks, Joe, for the tip on these gloves and the generous "buy-back" offer, but I won't part with these. \\/ (wrong size for you anyway)

I got the gloves today, and I'm very glad I followed your recommendation. My size is X-Large, and the gloves fit snugly with my fingertips just reaching the ends of the glove, about as close to a perfect fit as can happen without custom made gloves. They are very comfortable. I am very happy and impressed with the construction of these gloves.

I particularly like the exterior seams on the fingers. This is a more comfortable glove design than interior seams, which tend to rub and put pressure points against fingers. The air vent holes in the finger sides is a nice feature, as is the three-way fastening - elastic wrist, velcro wrist strap and velcro gauntlet strap. I've never owned racing type gloves, and appreciate the good protection on the outside of the hand, nicely padded and cushioned. The stitching and workmanship seems first rate, and the fit is better than any gloves I have ever had.

I am already getting used to the looks, and given that these are racing gloves the padded sections are no longer ugly to me. I have made one improvement to the looks already. Unless you like to wear commercial advertisements on your clothing (I find it crass), using a Sharpie permanent marker to black out the white ROCKET logo makes for a visual improvement to the gloves.

With the padded knuckles and fingers, the gloves have that "Gladiator" look. I may start carrying a trident and net as accouterments.:mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocks
              Thanks, Joe, for the tip on these gloves and the generous "buy-back" offer, but I won't part with these. \\/ (wrong size for you anyway)

I got the gloves today, and I'm very glad I followed your recommendation. My size is X-Large, and the gloves fit snugly with my fingertips just reaching the ends of the glove, about as close to a perfect fit as can happen without custom made gloves. They are very comfortable. I am very happy and impressed with the construction of these gloves.

I particularly like the exterior seams on the fingers. This is a more comfortable glove design than interior seams, which tend to rub and put pressure points against fingers. The air vent holes in the finger sides is a nice feature, as is the three-way fastening - elastic wrist, velcro wrist strap and velcro gauntlet strap. I've never owned racing type gloves, and appreciate the good protection on the outside of the hand, nicely padded and cushioned. The stitching and workmanship seems first rate, and the fit is better than any gloves I have ever had.

I am already getting used to the looks, and given that these are racing gloves the padded sections are no longer ugly to me. I have made one improvement to the looks already. Unless you like to wear commercial advertisements on your clothing (I find it crass), using a Sharpie permanent marker to black out the white ROCKET logo makes for a visual improvement to the gloves.

With the padded knuckles and fingers, the gloves have that "Gladiator" look. I may start carrying a trident and net as accouterments.:mrgreen:
              I'm glad you like them. You can see now why I bought a second pair.....

Joe
              IBA# 24077
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Anyone around Denver want to split shipping on a pair of these? Looks like overnite shipping for two pair costs not much more per pair than three day for one pair...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X