Aftermarket Stators and Regulator/Rectifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Stators and Regulator/Rectifiers

A choice for aftermarket stators and regulator/rectifiers is Rick's Motorsport Electrics (formerly Rick's Motorcycle Enterprises).

Aftermarket Motorsport Electrics parts for motorcycles, dirtbikes, atvs, motosport vehicles manufactured and distributed by Rick's Motorsport Electrics

They also distribute their products through Dennis Kirk.

www.denniskirk.com

Check the prices and the shipping break you get from Dennis Kirk, sometimes it's cheaper to order through DK than direct from Rick's.

Don't forget Electrosports

Comment

Wow, Ricks is like 25 minutes from where I work! I called them and am picking up a new stator and r/r for safetys sake.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Has anyone actually used ricks parts on their bike with good results?

Comment

Originally posted by 82Shafty View Post
          Has anyone actually used ricks parts on their bike with good results?
          Yup. My S.O.P. with a "new" GS is to immediately replace the R/R with a Rick's. All my bikes have them (other than the 1100 I bought last night, which will get one soon). The oldest one I have is on my 550, I put it on in 2003 and have had no problems with it (or any others) since. I like them because they have a ground wire long enough to go right to the battery.

I also have a Rick's stator on my 750. I put an electrix (now electrosport) stator on my 700, and have had no problems with either of those, although I've only ridden the 750 about 500 miles since the new stator was installed.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

I've used Ricks and Electrex stators and reg/rect. The stators lasted about the same but the Ricks reg/rect went south after about a month. Since I didn't buy it directly from Ricks there was no warranty.
            '81 GS750E - Gone but fondly remembered.
            '03 DR650
            sigpic

Comment

Have you perused the GS Stator Papers? Your stator may be what caused the R/R to go South... Or the ground of your R/R.

I'm also on the Riders Of Vision forum, where stators and R/R's have been failing at an alarming rate, so inputs here as to sources and reliability will be helpful...

GS's weren't the only ones with charging issues, they just had them before and longer... :LOL: We wrote the book on 'em!

And while I'm here, will the stator from the 80's 850G fit and work in a pre-80's 750 (8 valve)?

Comment

Yes I have checked the stator and it is working fine.
                By the way, I dug the potting material out of the Rick's to see what was inside and it is state of the art as far as components and circuit boards go but they only regulate 2 of the 3 phases just like the OEM part.
                '81 GS750E - Gone but fondly remembered.
                '03 DR650
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X