Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Creek Vintage Racing Leather Jacket

Well,

I finally got a replacement of the old leather jackets that had accumulated over the years... my bike is a 1981 GS1100EX that I purchased new in a Houston dealership in the summer of '81.

I use the bike for work and pleasure, averaging about 12,000 to 15,000 miles per year on her.... about 25 miles per day going to and from work... and have also been to both coasts, New York and Colorado etc...

The jacket is $399 on sale and is one, if not the best natural drum dyed leather jacket that I have ever worn.

Here in San Antonio, it was 100-Degrees F today and with the jacket fully closed up with all the vents open and the sleeves unzipped it was actually not bad. The leather is 1.4mm - 1.6mm thick, and this helps keep the sun from soaking thru the leathers.

The craftsmanship is truly outstanding. I have a 48" chest and purchased a size 54 Regular, so that the insides will fill up with air without closing down airflow as a tighter fitting jacket would do.

Very heavy, it comes to about 10.5lbs...nice heft to it. The black leather is butter soft, and Fox Creek Leathers has a pretty good return policy and a lifetime warranty on the garmet.

Very thick mesh on the inside with a thinsulate snap out lining. Seams and stitching are first rate as well. These are still made in the U.S.A., although how they keep the cost down for such a great riding jacket is a mystery.

They have extra leather patches on elbows and have articulated areas on the back of the shoulders so it doesn't bind.

I was really amazed that the sun did not heat soak the leather and cook me, went riding at lunch later in the afternoon when it was 100 degrees.

Zippers are heavy duty brass with brass snaps with a Fox Creek Leathers printed circumnavigating a U.S.A. Flag inside, nicely done too! Check out the photo on the Brass Snap at the end of this message.

The real treasure is the buttery soft leather that is so heavy duty, it is thick, and soft. Best leather I have seen on a jacket.

Inside lapel pocket has what looks like taffetta nylon and will hold a wallet. Left and right hand outside pockets are lined in LEATHER!

The brass zippers lay in their own "troughs" with a small posts with a brass ball for a pull tab at the end, they are brass YKK zippers.

Pulling on the seams results in NO GIVE or opening or streatching of the threads. Now granted I am not pulling for all my worth, but when I have done this on other leathers, the comparison is not even close.

The zipper pulls will not be accessible while riding with gloves, unless they are thin Deerskin. They hide well underneath their "sheaths". This is good for me, but adjusting vents and front zipper while riding just ain't gonna happen very easily. I can live with that.

Like I said, outstanding quality at an outstanding price from an American Company... worth every penny, this may be the last jacket I will ever have to purchase.

No CE armour, although I believe that they will work with you on a custom design, if you require this feature.

Here is the jacket that I purchased... pictures are good, and the quality of the leather is excellent (as noted in the pics). Did I mention that it is really heavy, heavy, heavy?

Large Image of front...
    Fox Creek Leather Carries Only The Highest Quality, Made in USA Leather Motorcycle Jackets, Products, Clothing & Leather Goods.

Large Image of back...
    Fox Creek Leather Carries Only The Highest Quality, Made in USA Leather Motorcycle Jackets, Products, Clothing & Leather Goods.

Laced side cinch...

Button side cinch...the button has Fox Creek Leathers (instead of USA), printed around Old Glory.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2006, 09:20 PM.
Working...
X