Crampbuster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crampbuster!

I picked up one of these at Cycle Gear down the road and all I can say is I love the thing! Best 12.00 you can spend. Looks like a "long ride" deal, but I've only had the chance to run it local and it really does help. Will make the upcoming 700 mile run much better as well.......

I've been thinking about one of those. I ride 20 minutes each way to work pretty much steady speed. My hand goes numb 15 minutes in.

Comment

I've got one of the old "Throttle Rocker" brand assists. Works great and does help. But you do have to watch it snagging a cuff and the like.

Throttle Rocker and Cramp Buster got into legal issues about the 'original design' of this device. Cramp Buster won, new Throttle Rockers are held on with a velcro strap instead of the plastic's spring tension.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
        I've got one of the old "Throttle Rocker" brand assists. Works great and does help. But you do have to watch it snagging a cuff and the like.

Throttle Rocker and Cramp Buster got into legal issues about the 'original design' of this device. Cramp Buster won, new Throttle Rockers are held on with a velcro strap instead of the plastic's spring tension.
        I wouldn't have bought a velcro wonder. This one looked good and does work, so I'm happy!

Comment

Did you get the narrow one or the wide one?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            Did you get the narrow one or the wide one?
            Wide. It was the only in stock option. Looks kinda odd, but feels good so it stays.

Comment

I don't know, it looks like it would be painful to sit on? My butt is the only part of me that gets cramps

Comment

I love mine. Would have been crippled going to Nova Scotia this July. I'll never go without one.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I use the narrow version for the last couple of years. It is helpful. Only issue I've run into with it is occasionally during real hard braking using the front brake lever my hand is sort of frozen into a position that causes me to over rev the engine somewhat. Normally no problem. Tried taking it off once and after a day or too decided that it felt weird without it. :-D

Comment

I just picked one up...Loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post
                      I don't know, it looks like it would be painful to sit on? My butt is the only part of me that gets cramps
                      Two words: Synthetic Oil.

Comment

I have a throttle rocker 2 on my XS850 and I like it. My only complaint is that I have not gotten time to adjust the velcro on it so that it doesn't slip. I forget to do it before I go riding. I have not tried it on my GS550 yet.

Comment

I tried one last year and had it not been skip's I would have ripped it off and chucked it into a field! Hated it.

I don't like cruise control in cars or trucks either though so this may just be me. I like to be in control of my throttle all the time and also don't like the feeling of something like that in the way. I have also never got a cramped hand from a bike throttle. if I have I fixed it in my traditional unorthodox way like putting a ridiculously loose throttle return spring on the carbs or something of that nature. Possible I adjust my throttle too much even on the highway to make proper use of one of these?

I only comment because I love to see and collect comments from others in the case that I am once again simply missing something?

Comment

It's a personal comfort thing, Mark. My hand used to get tired, just a bit, on the highway, but I don't ride that often and maybe my throttle muscle is out of shape. :-D

I gotta go exercise those muscles...where's that nude gymnist pic I had? :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post
                              It's a personal comfort thing, Mark. My hand used to get tired, just a bit, on the highway, but I don't ride that often and maybe my throttle muscle is out of shape. :-D

I gotta go exercise those muscles...where's that nude gymnist pic I had? :-D

You get in trouble for that in public buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X