Cabot Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabot Trail

I would highly reccomend the Cabot Trail, on Cape Brenton Island on Nova Scotia Canada. It is one of the most scenic places I have ever been in the world. It is kind of like the grand canyon mixed with views of the ocean, and then having a layer of forest applied on top of it all. The roads are in great shape and I had alot of fun on the twisty roads.

Any Pictures?

Comment

Here are a few photos.

(Tam is the woman shown)

The scenery is absolutely magnificent!

Photo opportunities, however, are rare if you are riding one-up, because there are only a few places where you can stop.

Much of the "Trail" has little or no shoulder available, so pulling off means
      dropping onto the gravel at the side of the road....and dropping means anywhere from 3 to 10 inches., and considerably more in some places.

The scenes change so fast, and are so well worth seeing, that you have to concentrate on the road, or you can get lost in watching the world around you.

You can go here are a few photos:

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity Tester View Post
        Any Pictures?

Here's some from Jethro
        Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Whoops, I'll update the web page again and throw the pics from my trip this July up again.

Yes, absolutely the most increadible motorcycle road I have ever traveled. Breathtaking views, challenging twisties no matter how good you are. Every motorcyclist needs to ride this road!!
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
            Whoops, I'll update the web page again and throw the pics from my trip this July up again.

Yes, absolutely the most increadible motorcycle road I have ever traveled. Breathtaking views, challenging twisties no matter how good you are. Every motorcyclist needs to ride this road!!
            I will never forget Jethro seeing the road signs that said " ~ Next 2 KM" and the fist pumping in the air with joy. I thought he would start jumping up and down on the pegs and fall off or something! Then we got to repeat that several times over! hehehehe

That road was truly a great experience, great turns, great scenery, great friends, couldn't ask for much more....... Well, ... it would have been better had Cape Breton declared it an alcohol free weekend on the island! WHOOPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins View Post
              Well, ... it would have been better had Cape Breton declared it an alcohol free weekend on the island! WHOOPS!!!!
              We found a way to manage... 8-[ \\/
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have to chime in on this one as well. I was on the ride on the Trail with JT and Jethro this summer. After that ride I picked up Bridget who flew into Halifax and went back to ride it two up for a few more days. On the two up ride we took a little road north out of Neils Harbor that wound along the shore and back onto the Cabot Trail at South Harbor. The scenery on that little stretch was more spectacular than anything we saw on the Trail itself and the scenery on the Trail itself is nothing short of magnificent.

I have ridden a lot of the well known motorcycle roads including the Pacific Coast Highway, Deals Gap/Carolina, North Georgia, the Ozarks, West Virginia, Southern Indiana, etc. The Cabot Trail in a way combines some of the best parts of all of them. It runs over tall cliffs above a rugged coast line like the Pacific Coast highway. It has steep curves and bends that remind you of the Appalachians. It has relatively little traffic like the Ozarks. It passes through a beautiful pastoral countryside like I've not seen anywhere in the US (no McDonalds or WalMarts here).

If you could only ride one of the well known motorcycle routes, my recommendation is that it would be this one.
                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                X