Upstate NY to Kansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upstate NY to Kansas?

Anyone out there heading west with room for a '79 GS1000 from NY to any place closer than Schenectady? This is so stupid... I thought I was bidding on a bike in Iowa...

Where exactly is the bike and what is the final destination? How far can you go to get it?

A few of us are trying to set up a bike transport/relay system among members http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=99164 because several of us are in the same boat, and lots more will be in the future. Ebay and Craigslist specials aren't really "deals" if it costs more to transport than the cost of the bike.

I'm in Western NY state and might be travelling as far as WI to get my new dirtbike, but I'm hoping to come up with other options, as I don't want to sink $$ into a trailer hitch or rental right now. Keep the faith, spread the word and we'll all get our bikes!

Comment

The bike is in Schenectady New York. I bought it today, thinking it was a bike i was watching in Iowa. I'm trying to get it to Kansas City. I can go anywhere to get it, but the closer to KC the better.
      I don't want to have to deal with flying, to find out that I can't ride it home. Getting there and finding out that it's a piece of crap and i'm stranded. Or hoping the weather will cooperate for 2 days.

Comment

I have looked at this site, but www.uship.com does stuff like this. I may be going to Albany in the near future, but it might not be for a couple of weeks.

Comment

What fond memmories this brings back. I bought my first GS from a guy in Canada. I just never expected to win. I think I drove through Schenctadyon the way back, it is North.

I just borrowed a truck from my brother and drove up and back on a weekend.

Comment

That would be so easy... if I knew anyone that had a truck, or a brother. I wouldn't mind the drive at all.

Comment

bike transport

I might be able to get it from schenectady to the buffalo area in the next couple of weeks A buddy of mine is trying to get me to come out and pick up A trailer and bring it back to Albany I Just have to figure out if my little trailer that I would need to use for the bike will fit on his trailer for the return trip I also can check out the bike if need be. did the bike come from A gsr forum member because I looked at one in schenectady in the spring that was listed on the board it was A 78 GS1000

Rich

Comment

heheheh i already got it a few weeks ago. it's the left pic in the signature. thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by devillox View Post
                  heheheh i already got it a few weeks ago. it's the left pic in the signature. thanks though.

hee hee db

Comment

Working...
                  X