No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out for a few hours on the GS650E. Checked out the countryside with my wife and stopped at an old car/bike hop along the way. The red one on the right was a '63 Honda 305 "dream". My first bike was a '65 Honda 305. Last pic is a '39 Harley.

Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Went out yesterday to collect an ebay item for Mrs Cyrano and planned a meet up with some old friends.

This is me waiting for them (I was in the wrong car park)

Found them and their Triumph America.

Roads and motorways were busy and full of roadworks, but even a bad ride is a good ride.
      The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

On the bypass I saw a lost and confused looking West Highland Terrier. Traffic was heavy and he was darting in and out causing all sorts of swerves and hold ups as drivers tried to help or at least avoid killing the poor thing. I got sucked in and started doing illegal and highly dangerous stuff but couldn't get near the Mutt. The adrenaline was fairly pumping when a small voice said get out before you cause something much worse. So I left, pulse pumping in the helmet.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Rode a monster that makes the Dragon look like a green iguana today, the Devil's Highway. 90 miles, 425+ turns.
          THis?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Rode a monster that makes the Dragon look like a green iguana today, the Devil's Highway. 90 miles, 425+ turns.
            So, we get 75% of the turns on that road done before the 10th mile at Deals Gap.....What do you do for the other 80 miles? *wink, wink*

Actually, I have wanted to take that road, but not enough to travel all that distance to get there. All the bikes I would want to use there would not be good to use to GET there!
            Last edited by 8ball; 06-28-2015, 05:28 PM.
            1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
            sigpic
            My GS550 Build

Comment

Today I find myself camped in La Veta, Colorado and while my wife attends a quilting workshop, I have time to go look around the area. Here is my trusty guard dog, Bella in the carrier on my KLR at the summit of Cuchara Pass.

IBA# 12860
              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
              1984 KZ1100R
              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                So, we get 75% of the turns on that road done before the 10th mile at Deals Gap.....What do you do for the other 80 miles? *wink, wink*

Actually, I have wanted to take that road, but not enough to travel all that distance to get there. All the bikes I would want to use there would not be good to use to GET there!
                You get those 300 turns done in a very short time. Add another 120 or so with multiple thousand foot drops, no guardrails and a total descent of 6000 feet and you get an experience that wrings you out in a way the much shorter Dragon simply cannot. The Dragon is an amazing piece of road, but the 191 is simply wicked.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  THis?

This is the 191 at its beginnings in Alpine.

Attached Files
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                    Today I find myself camped in La Veta, Colorado and while my wife attends a quilting workshop, I have time to go look around the area. Here is my trusty guard dog, Bella in the carrier on my KLR at the summit of Cuchara Pass.

My co-workers loved that picture Glenn, she's got a short hair herself. Laughed at the elevation, poor Bella must have been panting...ha,ha..she looks as though she's smiling pretty large.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Glen,

Bella needs some gear!
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        Glenn,

Bella needs some gear!
                        I agree! Well, dachshunds are a German dog... a spiked helmet would be kinda cool!
                        IBA# 12860
                        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                        1984 KZ1100R
                        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post

You realise Kim's been repeating "awww cute" over and over since she saw this.... right?
                          It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                          Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                          '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                          '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                          '82 GS1000SZ
                          '82 GS1100GL
                          '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Dave I think we are getting more rain then you guys! Nice shot of the TL!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Dave I think we are getting more rain then you guys! Nice shot of the TL!
                                Lol...you think? We have had three days of rain (and that wasn't much) since some time in April. Everyone thinks it rains here all the time, funny. Forecast is for a very dry and hot summer.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X