No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got out today for 110 miles. Temperature was upper 50's to lower 60's. Supposed to be 60 again tomorrow.

Next Saturday's high will be in the 20's but the next two days following that are projected to be back into the 50's. Makes me feel like spring is just around the corner.

Now all I need are some crooked and steep roads. Not going to find any around here though.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Had plans to ride my K1300R up island with a few buddies for lunch today....ran an errand for work first and when I came back to my bike it wouldn't start....wasn't sure if it was just a battery or the starter.
      Called my BMW dealer and Bernie the service manager had a van and a guy pick me and my bike up within 15min...went back to the dealership and told my buddy the service manager that I had planned to go to lunch up Island....he promptly told me to take a pretty new RT they just took on trade...he said "the tank is full, come back whenever you want".
      They called me when I was on my way up island to say it was just a battery and that it was done and waiting for me when I returned.
      I'll tell ya...I love my BMW dealer! Great guys that give great customer service!
      Oh and the bike was pretty fun too.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        .................... it was just a battery .........
        Fun ride. Nice posting.

Any comment on cost of said battery and labor...?
        (not $70 and not 10 minutes)

Ah, a newer RT for loaner. Fun.
        Notice that the clutch is up front of engine now? (not in middle that takes 16 hours of shop labor to do anything).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Fun ride. Nice posting.

Any comment on cost of said battery and labor...?
          (not $70 and not 10 minutes)

Ah, a newer RT for loaner. Fun.
          Notice that the clutch is up front of engine now? (not in middle that takes 16 hours of shop labor to do anything).
          I'd rather not talk about the cost of the battery....lol..

Got out the old girls today.... and sunny.

No signature

Comment

I guess that answers my earlier question*..ride them all!

man it's nice to see spring! though I see the longterm is calling for cooler than normal in March or so hereabouts Climate Prediction Center

(*How do you choose?)

Comment

Originally posted by redman View Post
              just a short ride, at least one day a month thru the winter months
              dec - no
              jan - never
              feb - not
              mar - nope
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Another beauty day

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  Out and about in above freezing weather!

That's just about the coolest thing ever!
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Finally got a window of decent weather to take the new bike out for a nice ride. Managed to hit some decent twisty roads, but they still had salt and sand on them from recent snow storms, so the pace was pretty mellow. Photo taken in VA on US211, couple miles west of Sperryville.

MS-211-1-crop.jpg
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                      ……

Photo taken in VA on US211, couple miles west of Sperryville.
                      …….
                      Ah, so you did make the move to DC area.
                      by the photo and your report, is seems like not too far from some nice riding.
                      nice photo of bike and road and scenery.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah it'll be a while yet before the bikes come out. Just a couple small pics of my current ride though. I'm not big on riding the official trails and the snow is just right for meandering through the woods. My favorite kind of snowmobiling.

This is a cool spot. All the underground wires from about 100 wind turbines come into this substation and the power is transferred to a large overhead line that connects to the grid.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

72 degrees here today and yesterday so I decided to take the "non ICE" two wheeler out.
                          As you can see, it's a R1000 model meaning I did the "ride fast and shift alot" method Mr Bwringer likes to advocate.

IMG_20220301_141555153_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20220301_141542735_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                            Nice bike. Here's mine:

image by Bob Wayne, on Flickr
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                              72 degrees here today and yesterday so I decided to take the "non ICE" two wheeler out.
                              As you can see, it's a R1000 model meaning I did the "ride fast and shift alot" method Mr Bwringer likes to advocate.

IMG_20220301_141555153_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20220301_141542735_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
                              I'm trying to come up with a wise crack, but I have nothing... 🙂
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                I'm trying to come up with a wise crack, but I have nothing... 
                                Remember R. Crumb's Zap Comix? "Mr. Natural says, 'Pedal, don't pollute!'"
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X