No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedaling is great as long as the terrain is flat or slightly downhill. When it comes to the uphills, I'd like to have a little electrical assist. I need it now in my golden years.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Shake down run for both me and the GS. First time out this year. Bike felt good...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It finally got warm enough to ride to work one day last week, and three days this week.

I've ridden all my bikes to work this week, but somehow my GS850G is the only one that seemed photo-worthy.

The old GS has survived another winter unclogged and not leaking. I bought this bike 25 years ago, in March 1997, and I plan to ride it at least 25 more. It's at somewhere between 135,000 to 140,000 total miles (original speedo wore out...). I suspect at some point I'll have to drive my electric van down to the hardware store and get a special permit to buy synthetic gasoline substitute.

Yes, I have a new seat cover on the shelf, but somehow I can't scrape together the motivation to wrestle with it just yet.

The ride to work isn't at all exciting or interesting. It's about seven miles and 20 minutes or surface streets. The potholes here in Indy are absolutely epic every spring, so that's fun. I have to head home before dark so I can spot the craters.

Fortunately, GS wheels are incredibly tough. I can't even recall anyone here damaging an alloy GS wheel outside of a serious accident.

I do have to take far more care when I'm riding my FJ-09 in the city; modern sporty wheels are far more fragile. Overall the long-travel off-road suspension on my KLR is the best suited for our third world urban environment.
        Last edited by bwringer; 03-03-2022, 05:48 PM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

Fortunately, GS wheels are incredibly tough. I can't even recall anyone here damaging an alloy GS wheel outside of a serious accident.
          That's for sure. I once rear-ended a Rover with some amount of force and its rear bumper fell off.
          I was kind enough to inform the driver of that as I left.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Not today, but on Tuesday, I got in 247 miles on the Tracer.
            Ron
            When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
            1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
            1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
            1982 GS1100E
            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Well, actually today I did test ride this for 4/10ths of a mile!
              Ron
              When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
              1982 GS1100E
              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                Well, actually today I did test ride this for 4/10ths of a mile!

and what did the "4/10th" of mile testride determine ?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

and what did the "4/10th" of mile testride determine ?
                  Needs tires and brakes badly! (Of course, that was known beforehand.) Don't understand why 14 year old tires lose traction so easily! LOL
                  Ron
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Mid 50s here today. (back to the 20s & 30s tommorow)

Did get out for about an hour ride.

Most places felt like the 50s, some places in the trees with ice&snow on boths sides of road felt like 40degF.

And, I didnt stop for pics untill got back into town and down to the beach.

Or maybe I should tell Storm Norm that I rode to the ocean in North Carolina. Although might be dificult to explain the snow fence and ice on the pier.

Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2022, 10:05 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Haha, nice picture Dave! I was able to get out for a ride today. It took till around noon before it started to warm up, but by 4:00 it got up to 73°! Tomorrow is looking like a nice day too.👍
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I brought the Bandit home after changing the oil on it a d and the 550 yesterday. We will have some nice weather tomorrow during the day so may try to get out between finishing steps on that gun case my friend and I have been building
                        sigpic
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went for about an hour ride today in 75 degree weather and sunny. Felt so right.
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

We got out for our first little ride of the season today, to a great little eatery up in Scottsville KY. ( Earl G's Dumplin's ). Appx. 130 mi. round trip through some of TN & KY's beautiful, very little traffic, 2 lane rural roads. Mid 70's but felt cooler due to overcast sky's & quite windy. Stopped at Dollar General for some warmer dudds before we got home...Great day.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Going dual sport riding tomorrow! Can't wait to finally try out the new suspension and other upgrades.

No signature

Comment

Well...it's dirty! That's better
                                I feel so blessed to have all the beauty right in my backyard.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X