Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    IMG_4124 by Gerald Kaiser, on Flickr

Went for an early morning ride near old Tucson studios. This bike will be with me forever. I love this bike
    Of course you love it. What's not to love about it? 'Tis a beautiful bike.

Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Bringing back old & precious memories. Thanks
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Ride from last week but a ride worth sharing, a ride of a lifetime.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

That's a good one Justin. Really interesting ride
          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Enjoyed 7 sessions @ the Ridge Motorsports Park on 5/1. Completely dry, thou, first session was 46 degrees.
            Coldest track day I've ever been to.

Could've done 5/2, but weather was questionable @ $209 american & a stiff leg was giving me the business.

Had a friend, who missed last year due to shoulder surgery, who signed up for both days well in advance & reaped the rewards on 5/2...
            Only 18 people total for 3 groups on Monday. What?

I hung around on 5/2 for a bit to support my friend with his new bike, (known since 4th grade) who just picked up a 675 Triumph track prepped, after battling with an 01 TL 1000S I sold to him, many years ago.

Rain overnight stopped @ 8:15 am, right during the morning riders meeting. Track was completely dry by around 11:00 am, with only 18 people total riding it.

First session (wet), was a singular gal (control rider) on I think a GSXR 1000, riding all by her lonesome for 30 minutes. No one else bothered to go out.

Had the whole track to herself.

It's pretty cool feeling to rail around a track with no else around. Indescribable really.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Are you using tire warmers in those temps or just taking it easy for a couple laps?
              Having the track basically to yourself must have been a blast.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Are you using tire warmers in those temps or just taking it easy for a couple laps?
                Having the track basically to yourself must have been a blast.
                No tire warmers, just Dunlop Q3+'s.

My friend gambled on weather & it payed off big time for him, being a weekday with rain in forecast, very few people stayed.

I did the day before...more people, but relatively light.

Seems many folks use warmers & all the stuff needed to run them & their pace may reward them, but I rather chill in the pits after a session then fussing with them.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got out locally for a bit today...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Had some things going on today, but managed to get out for an hour or so.

65degF, so saw a few other bikes.

Well, of the hour, okay, yah, was a couple roadside picture stops, and a 15 minute quick pier walk

I hope to get out for an all afternoon ride tommorow.
                    Last edited by Redman; 05-08-2022, 10:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Bike packed and ready to head out to Monterey in the morning. 9 of us are headed to Astoria Or. tomorrow, then Crescent City Ca, then Petaluma Ca. then Monterey for three days where we will take in The Quail Motorcycle Gathering....13 days all together.

No signature

Comment

Nice Dave, the weather sure has been nice!
                        Safe travels Trevor! Glad to see the K bike is still happy to serve as touring mule!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Nice Dave, the weather sure has been nice!
                          Safe travels Trevor! Glad to see the K bike is still happy to serve as touring mule!
                          Thanks pal, of course I wanted to take my new bike but it is still on a boat somewhere in the Pacific...I'm looking forward to riding the BMW....it will turn over 100,000kms on this trip.
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Bike packed and ready to head out to Monterey in the morning. 9 of us are headed to Astoria Or. tomorrow, then Crescent City Ca, then Petaluma Ca. then Monterey for three days where we will take in The Quail Motorcycle Gathering....13 days all together.

[IMG2=JS. . . . . . . . . .MG2]
                            Exciting. Pacific Coast... Quail.... Do update as you can (I suspect you will.).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Thanks pal, of course I wanted to take my new bike but it is still on a boat somewhere in the Pacific...I'm looking forward to riding the BMW....it will turn over 100,000kms on this trip.
                              Ahh that's right the GSX-S1000GT should have been here already... I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of that!

It's a great feeling to roll a bike over into the 6 figure mark on the odometer! I just did the 100K mile service on the T120 the other day and went for a nice 200 mile ride with it afterward. No more big tourers for it, the Yamaha is far better equipped and more comfortable for the big miles, it's just a baby though still under 19K miles on the odometer.

Ride safe and enjoy that west cost ride!
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 05-09-2022, 12:00 PM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Had a short morning ride, 50 degF, out for a pier walk and then out for coffee and then more of a short ride.

THen this afternoon, mid 70s, got out for a 3 hour ride north and back along the lakeshore.

THis just north of Muskegon, Mr. Greg78 area.

THis clser to Whitehall.

Maybe longest ride since getting it back together in November.
                                Good to get in some miles and seat time before BC in four weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X