• Show
Clear All

And a couple more for your enjoyment
    IMG_20220517_124910628 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

IMG_20220517_125035556 by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
    ​​​​​​​
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
      Jedz, that bike is gorgeous. What is it?

In am so envious about your weather, I went for a ride in the rain today (it stopped snowing for a bit, yay) and it is chilly out here. Will post pictures when my phone starts cooperating.

From my ride today. My bike is running strangely, won't idle and was hard to start. It doesn't like wet or cold, and it is both wet and cold. It ran fine when I got going, and I have inflated the tyres well so it feels much more stable. I am loving my bags, and now they are stuck on well, the locks are crap though so i should look into replacing them.

Notice the warship in the back?

And its the norwegian national day!

Man wish it would warm up for you! Sometimes hard starting is a sign of tight valves (which you likely know) but might be worth checking next time you do a service on the bike. My Old GS750 was a bear to start if it was under 40'F... So I feel your pain.

I'm surprised the locks still work on those old bags! My guess is you can't get new locks for them unless you get the work done by a locksmith.

My bike is a 1978 GS550E, poor thing was in rough shape when I got it last year. Doing my best to do a proper restore on it. I would like to get a stock exhuast (4-2) and headlight but other than that the bike is back to good running condition.

Happy Norwegian Day to you!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Larry, looks like you having a great time riding! Pardon the ignorance but when did you get the tiger and how is it treating you?
        Norm, dude I just love that Z900RS. I see your riding that bike more often vs the land yacht (cough) I mean FJR. Enjoy the rides and the trips. I am running through Ohio mid June but in the Dad-Wagon with the family in tow. Frist vacation and we are headed to have my daughter meet her cousins in Tennessee.

Cheers guys!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Larry, looks like you having a great time riding! Pardon the ignorance but when did you get the tiger and how is it treating you?
          Norm, dude I just love that Z900RS. I see your riding that bike more often vs the land yacht (cough) I mean FJR. Enjoy the rides and the trips. I am running through Ohio mid June but in the Dad-Wagon with the family in tow. Frist vacation and we are headed to have my daughter meet her cousins in Tennessee.

Cheers guys!
          Hi Jedz,. I bought this tiger new in Dec of 2018. It is a 2019 version and it's treating me pretty good. I had an '18 model before it but it didn't treat me so well. 30 days after buying it, I totalled it and still wanted another one. So yeah, it's doing ok for the time being.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

And it just goes without saying that when one is in the Ozarks, you must do the obligatory photo.

IMG_20220519_131752126_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Not on Suzuki's but we did ride

Comment

Great photo of some great looking bikes.
                Is it a real '69? I had forgotten about the slightly kicked-up tail of the seat.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by craz1 View Post
                  Not on Suzuki's but we did ride
                  [url= . . . . . ... . . . . . .rl]
                  Nice. Thanks. . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great shot: New bikes just can't look as beautiful.
                    1986 1150EF
                    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Wow.. a CX650 Turbo! Haven't seen one of those except the one the belongs to my best friend in..forEVER!
                      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I have to admit... the last time I felt good on the cycle was 2020... that particular year my younger son was keen to explore the area, but required an "adult" for late night bicycle rides. Much time spent on the bicycle directly related to the GS, I felt good, plus I did a decent amount of moto time that year. Last year my moto miles were in the triple digits, and not necessarily with confidence. I've been dragging my feet in regards to getting on the GS this spring, so starting last night I pulled out the bicycle and took a ride.... I need the physical exercise as well anyway. I ended up at the courthouse spending time weaving in between two long rows of handicap signs practicing balance, braking, and the all important looking into turns. I immediately overestimated my skill and washed out the front wheel while braking / turning and fell.... before too long, I was doing pretty good though. It was fun. Im going to hopefully continue, that and then probably do some parking lot practice on the GS. Hopefully over the long weekend I'll get out for a ride.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

50 miles on last night after my wife returned to watch the kid. Gorgeous sunset and the GS is just running fantastically!
                          The throttle fix is night and day in ride performance. Easy blip shifts, and the 550E seems eager now that I can flick the throttle more quickly.
                          What a gem of a little bike, I absolutely love it.
                          Cheers,
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I'm sitting in Fairmont WV tonight after 300+ miles on my way to Gettysburg to meet up with some family tomorrow. If you are ever in the West Virginia area and want to have a lasting grin from ear to ear, get onto the Mountaineer Highway (WV-7), you won't be disappointed. Just try to avoid the logging trucks as they will drop your speed to 5 mph and with no room to get by at all.

Speaking of miles, it's finally over the big one. Took these pictures while sightseeing after I checked into the motel; about ten more miles were added on to this picture by the time I finished dinner and arrived back.

Bandit Near Fairmont VA High Level Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Bandit with over 100000 miles by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Quick ride on the new bike...
                              The only Triton Blue in North America!

No signature

Comment

Speaking of miles, it's finally over the big one. Took these pictures while sightseeing after I checked into the motel; about ten more miles were added on to this picture by the time I finished dinner and arrived back.
                                Wow. r e s p e c t. and You take good care of your bike! looks as good as Trev's Brandnew

Comment

Working...
                                X