No announcement yet.

Damn the leaves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh... Sorry to here of this. Can't believe you sustained such brutal injuries from falling over. Hope you heal up quickly.
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Ouch! What they said too.
      Them very low speed falls can be so mean. Had a tire slip out on the slime along the edge of my driveway, just let the clutch out and thought the tire would grip. The bike went down but I bailed in time.
      Because of a tree root bulge there, I could not get a grip on the bike and had to use a 2x4 to pry it up.
      Really cursed my stupid idea I could make the turn.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Better preemptively get some good cough syrup. I went over the handlebars of a dirt bike when I was young. The pain never goes away, just gets (slightly) better until you move again.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear this! I hope the healing process picks up some steam.

I tore up some ribs years ago, and I recall being unable to take a deep breath without extreme pain, and for quite a long time. Sheesh! I was a much younger sprout than I am now, too.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
            Sorry for your bad luck and hope you feel better relatively soon. When I had a Bandit 12 for a year or so I almost had a similar spill. The first time I rode it out my long driveway thru the woods, I tapped the front brake as it was rolling over a dew-covered root early in the morning. It was a root that was sort of polished from tires running over it. The front wheel slid a bit and caught a grip. I always respected that brake in low-traction environments after that.

I can't imagine the rib pain. It must be pretty intense.
            I think the closest thing would be being stuck with a cattle prod every two or three minutes around the clock for three weeks. No pain killers stop it. Naproxin works the best, but it only decreases it slightly. Not much to be done for it, so it's an endurance contest. I will be so happy when I can sleep for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time. heh
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

are you getting close to trying some medicinal marijuana? might be beneficial, IDK.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                are you getting close to trying some medicinal marijuana? might be beneficial, IDK.
                All Mary Jane does for me is to give me a headache and make my clothes smell bad. LOL If I'm going to go that route, I'll sip a bit of Bushmills neat with a couple of ice cubes. At least that has a nice flavor. heh eh Might not be a good idea to combine Naproxin and Irish whiskey though.
                Last edited by earlfor; 07-24-2018, 11:30 PM.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

That sounds like it totally sucks. Sorry to hear it.

I sometimes wonder about taking judo lessons to learn how to fall down better, but experience tells me there isn't time to take any action. Maybe I could volunteer to just let students try to throw me. That might be kinda funny anyway.

So, it sounds like broken ribs are worse than not being able to ride. Good to know. thanks for finding that out for us. Way to take one for the team.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    All Mary Jane does for me is to give me a headache and make my clothes smell bad. LOL If I'm going to go that route, I'll sip a bit of Bushmills neat with a couple of ice cubes. At least that has a nice flavor. heh eh Might not be a good idea to combine Naproxin and scotch though.
                    When is the last time you tried any?

Things have changed. And although I don't know how it goes with Bushmils, it goes great with any Bourbon.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                      That sounds like it totally sucks. Sorry to hear it.

I sometimes wonder about taking judo lessons to learn how to fall down better, but experience tells me there isn't time to take any action. Maybe I could volunteer to just let students try to throw me. That might be kinda funny anyway.

So, it sounds like broken ribs are worse than not being able to ride. Good to know. thanks for finding that out for us. Way to take one for the team.
                      Not riding is probably the less painful of the two. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        When is the last time you tried any?

Things have changed. And although I don't know how it goes with Bushmils, it goes great with any Bourbon.
                        It's been a long time. I have enough habits, so I don't figure I need any more. heh

Comment

Smoking a joint with broken ribs ? .... Trust me on this..... The last thing you want to do is cough with broken ribs.......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            Smoking a joint with broken ribs ? .... Trust me on this..... The last thing you want to do is cough with broken ribs.......
                            OH, it hurts to laugh! No wacky weed for me. I'm crazy enough with a cup of coffee. eh eh

Comment

My first experience with busted ribs came when I wrecked on OH-555 in 2011. I was in an Air Force training class at Wright-Patterson and the day I returned to class I swallowed a sip of soda wrong. The effort of trying not to cough turned into a half-choking session that caused the entire class to panic. Fortunately after what seemed an eternity I was able to breathe again but was something I never wanted to go through again. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve had one other busted rib incident since but paid more attention to slowing down on what I did
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Damn Earl ! First I heard of this. Hope this finds u on the mend.

Had that !Osh!t! moment rounding a corner and went over a wet manholecover. Somehow I recovered. That one would have hurt.....
                                Last edited by bonanzadave; 07-31-2018, 10:17 PM.
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X