Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gustovh
    replied
    As an old member here used to say, this thread is useless without a picture. Welcome to the forum.

V

Leave a comment:

• rphillips
    replied
    Yes, what he ^^^^, All of them do pretty good. I started with the OEM's from our local shop, may be why I'm a little biased. 2nd I used was the Clymer, found some of the stuff in it exact same as OEM. Haynes was the last I got familiar with, just seemed, for me, a little less user friendly. That being said, If I'd started with the Haynes and got more accustomed to it, before the others, it may be my favorite.... As long as you've got access any of them, you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Rich82GS750TZ
    replied
    Originally posted by poppy View Post

Is there more info in the Suzuki manual vs the Clymer?
    I have, and reference both. Where one fails to be complete in any explanation, the other generally pics up the slack. I've not found either to be generally better than than the other, overall.

Leave a comment:

• poppy
    replied
    Originally posted by rphillips View Post
    Not seeing either bike, it seems you made the right decision. Congrats.... Possibly (hopefully) a new tach cable could fix the screeching. Get a service manual, I like paper, orig. Suzuki is best, Clymer 2nd, Haynes 3rd. Most here, I think use the computer stuff, but some type manual is a must and if you don't have the JIS screwdrivers, maybe if you do, a little cheap impact driver will be real handy... Something to know, folks around here almost require pictures.
    Is there more info in the Suzuki manual vs the Clymer?

Leave a comment:

• ddaniels
    replied
    Ditto on the rear spline. If it's gold color, get a gray steel replacement, even if the gold one is still good. It will eventually wear out.

Leave a comment:

• Rich82GS750TZ
    replied
    See link in my signature for using Imgur/Flickr.

Leave a comment:

• poppy
    replied
    Which imgur app can I use? Apple has a couple and one does memes.

Leave a comment:

• Nessism
    replied
    Until you find a paper manual...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/

Look out for the rear spline in the rear wheel. It WILL fail. Suzuki made a running change in 1981 which F^cked up the spline, messing up the heat treatment. You best just change it straight away.

For photos, open an offsite hosting account such as flickr. Then post the IMG code, and the photos will show up in HD. The forum photo feature sucks.

Leave a comment:

• poppy
    replied
    Originally posted by rphillips View Post
    Not seeing either bike, it seems you made the right decision. Congrats.... Possibly (hopefully) a new tach cable could fix the screeching. Get a service manual, I like paper, orig. Suzuki is best, Clymer 2nd, Haynes 3rd. Most here, I think use the computer stuff, but some type manual is a must and if you don't have the JIS screwdrivers, maybe if you do, a little cheap impact driver will be real handy... Something to know, folks around here almost require pictures.
    I tried to post a picture and it wouldn’t upload. Looking for a paper owners and service manual. I’m hoping to lube the tach will do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• rphillips
    replied

Leave a comment:

• poppy
    started a topic 82 850

82 850

Hello folks, after about 4-6 months of researching and watching YouTube and about 2 months looking I picked up an 82 GS850G yesterday. Has less than 12k miles on it and while not mint it’s clean. Small dent on the front fender and scrape on the gas tank. Gotta do something with the badges. Was recently tuned up with carb rebuild, plugs, wires, coils, and tires. Front caliber needs rebuilt and I plan to replace the front brake lines with steel braided lines. Bike runs beautifully. It’s my first vintage bike and looking forward to enjoying it. My boys love it. Took a 5 hour round trip yesterday with the queen to pick it up. Bike started its life in NY. I got it in NJ, and now it lives in DE. Wife said it’s trying to get to FL LoL. I said I won’t be the one to help it as I don’t care for year round heat. Tachometer is unhooked by the PO because it was making a screeching noise. Might want to replace the grips too not sure. Has a Vance & Haines 4-1. Frame needs touched up too. But shows well. Needs a good cleaning.
Working...
X