Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700 from Cincinnati

Greetings from Cincinnati,

I joined this forum back in 2010 right after I purchased a GS700 for $800. I rode it for about about 9 months until it died...because I was, and still am, kind of a noob in knowing how to properly maintain a bike.

That winter, I jumped into your forum for ideas on how to fix this thing, then that kind of morphed into tearing it down and building a naked sport bike. Don't ask me why, but I kind of lost interest about a year later, just when I got it back to a rolling state.

I know this thing looks like an 83 750, but it is not. The previous owner swapped out the tank, covers and seat for some reason. Probably because he dumped it or something. Who knows.

In this pic you can see the 92 Katana I used to swap out the fork and wheels. I gave the Katana to my brother and told him he could have the GS parts if they'd fit, and sure enough they did...well sort of. So, since about 2011, both bikes have been sitting in my garage under covers and blankets.

Anyway, the motivation is back in me, and I am eager to get my GS built and back on the road.
Working...
X