New member from ontario canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Mike died a few years ago...cancer...Any chance you know my cousin Danny Newell?
    Yes, I have met him a few times. Haven't seen or heard of him in 30 years though.
    1983 GS1100E, 1986 GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Henry, as you well know it is income tax time, so my answer to you MIGHT be different than reported to Revenue Canada. haha.

A small hi-jack.....any of you guys with local ties know anything about the cycle salvage yard "near" Innerkip?
      http://www.nckcycle.com/
      NCK has been around this area for a while. They have moved at least three times that I know of and are now located in Woodstock at 125 Main St. I've dealt with them a few times and haven't been there in the last few years. I haven't heard about a salvage yard in Innerkip though.
      1983 GS1100E, 1986 GS1150EF

Comment

Welcome. This is a pretty decent board, I've picked up a lot from reading it. As to the farm boy politics, in a small town cafe in Saskatchewan back in the 80's I once heard a crusty old timer say: "They should have drawn the border in a north-south line instead of an east-west one"
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Welcome to GSR!

You will find a pretty good group of folks on this forum, with plenty of information and experience on GS series bikes.

It appears you have experience in wrenching, but almost anything you don't know can be found here:

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ers-CLICK-HERE!!

Woodstock is where I found my GS1100GK. Carmen and I left home with a shopping list of bikes to see and Woodstock was the last stop.

The owner said he was moving to Thunder Bay in the next week and this was his last weekend before the bike had to be shipped there.

The bike was beautiful and I bought it immediately. I had a plate from my GS1100G which was bolted onto the new bike and I rode it home, with Carmen following i the car.

No regrets about that decision at all. Loved the bike. I have had lots of long rides, and just two weeks after buying it the GK delivered my first iron butt experience: over 1100 miles in one day
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Welcome! Had to respond as I too am a southern Ontario type growing up in Galt just down the road now living in the lower mainland of bsy and expensive BC. Great bunch here on the GS website who are very knowledgeable and helpful!
            GS550T 1981
            GS850G 1983
            GS650G 1982
            GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Welcome to the group from Essex, Ontario!

K

Comment

And another welcome from Ottawa.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Must See Pictures....
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                  X