First ride of the New Year, 3/9/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride of the New Year, 3/9/10

Here's the way it happened.......I was busy working in my garage, cutting lap cedar paneling for my basement bathroom that I've been building, and the more I trekked between the house and my shop to rip boards on my table saw, the more I decided I had to get out and ride, Sunday my wife and I cleared the ice out of the driveway, her with the heavy duty ice scraper, me with the truck and plow, plowing up what she broke loose (she said she needed the excercise).
    So, yesterday, I aired up the tires, checked the lights, put my seat back on the bike, didn't do any of the fix it list I have made up for my bike, fired 'er up, and went for a short 30 mile ride, stopped to see a friend of mine and rode home. The bike ran just like it did last November of course, still have to do everthing on my fix it list, but it felt great to ride it again. It was up in the 40's yesterday, felt real nice out there.
    My new helmet is a little noisier than my old one, but acceptable, it fits well, and I really like the flip down visor.
    Then, to top off the day, I had to pick up my daughter-in-law's Mom's car to fix (dolly trailer on the truck, load the old Sebring convertible up, tow it home), parked the rig, said hi to my wife and got ready to ride again. I go to a meeting on Tuesday nights 20 miles south, so I rode my bike to that also. One of the people at the meeting that came in after me, asked who rode the bike, saw me, and asked if it was mine. I said yes, she said she thought so. All in all a good day, not a lot of riding, but I rode!!!!
Working...
X