Frame woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame woes

Just a short tale about my current gs1000 frame in the hope that people should go with their gut instincts. Having stripped my bike to its bare bones i was deciding on a finish powder coat being my first choice however i thought what about coach paint so i paid to have my frame blasted and primed and set about painting. Oh dear it turned out one hell of a mess, so blasted again and phoned a company who do powder coating who informed me he was having a new oven installed but he could 2k it for me, great i thought so he took it for a week. When i collected it he put it in my car for me job done when a got home all the under side was still in primer eh! I phoned him and he said what do you expect for £160 eh again! Cash in hand so not much i could do finally i took it to another powder coater and well he powder coated it all for me and what a great job. So the moral to this dont skimp on what you think might save you cash it dont work on the whole frame inc stands etc has cost me £700!!! When i could of just paid £240 to get what i wanted in the first place. Lesson really learnt!
Working...
X