I Need Some Vintage Motorcycle Days Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Some Vintage Motorcycle Days Advice

I'm hoping to go to Vintage Motorcycle Days in Ohio this summer. I've been there twice before but it's been close to 10 years since the last time I went. Both times I went previously I lived close by and rode my bike. Now I live pretty far away in North Carolina. So when I go next summer I want to pull a trailer with a couple bikes in it, one bike to sell and one bike to ride when I'm up there. I can't find any information on accommodations, either in hotels or camping on the grounds at Mid Ohio, that say anything about trailer parking. Anyone ever been there with a trailer? Where did you park it?

I like to make the annual AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days.
    YES, bring your trailer, everyone has one...

If you're planning on camping the whole weekend, and not having to leave (with your trailer) you would want to get there Friday morning to get a good spot. The good spots fill up quick.

If you need to go back and forth to a hotel, no problem there either. You will just have to park farther away. But there's plenty of parking.

Something I'd suggest is bring a little pit bike to get around on. It's a big place to have to walk.

Our GSR friend Chuck78 also attends the event every year. He may have some tips to share.
    Or, message me if you have any questions or want to chat. I'd definitely like to meet up.

What motorcycle do you want to sell?
    Or buy, there's always some cool motorcycles there to buy. Bring $$ haha
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks! That's really helpful. It sounds like the parking areas accomodate trailers, whether you're parking and staying there to camp or just coming in for the day.

What about hotels nearby? Do you know any hotels that allow trailer parking? In my experience most hotels don't like trailers in their parking lots.

I am hoping to finish my '72 Yamaha R5 cafe bike by the summer so I can sell it at Mid Ohio. Here's a photo.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I just found out today that Steve Wise is going to be the Grand Marshall this year at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. It should be fun!
        My Motorcycles:
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)

Comment

Steve Wise, what a great guy! It was fun listening to his stories.

Steve's father said "As long as you keep your grades up you can keep racing" Well one time Steve brought home a not so good report card. His dad said "No racing till you bring up your grades" So, the next weekend Steve figured he wasn't going to be able to race. Then his father said "Come on get up, aren't we going to the races"! Steve's dad was into racing as much as Steve was.
          It was fun listening to Steve. Did you know Steve Wise is a minister? Yep.
          My Motorcycles:
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)

Comment

Working...
          X