No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK here is one that I got for the photo tag game a couple of years ago.

This is NOT my house, it's about a mile away (thank goodness ).

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

< < delete > >
      Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2018, 09:40 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Red, I figured you would use one of the pictures from the other thread....

Hopefully the weather will clear up in the next day or two. Should be plenty of photo opportunities around these parts.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I've got to learn to make better file names for my pictures. I've got a pumpkin one around here somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it........
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I took this about 6 years ago....my 1988 GSXR 750 that I thought I needed because I always wanted one...lol...there was no practicla reason to own this bike....
            The pic was taken outside Mount Douglas Park in Victoria....It's a tradition for people to discard their pumpkins after Halloween here.....thousands of pumpkins end up lining the road side and the entry to the park....the city waits a week or so then comes and cleans them up....it's pretty cool.

No signature

Comment

Went out looking for "harvest" stuff
              My area has many sprawling Mennonite farms. Many of them set up stands along the road for their young children to mind. This one is closed because it's Sunday. I drove by it when I was out riding yesterday. It was raining lightly then so I didn't stop. Today when I went back, a very pregnant young Mennonite mother (no pic out of respect) was walking down the lane from the farm house when I pulled up and shut off the bike. She beamed with pride when she told me this was a project for her children (she didn't say how many but its usually a bunch). The shot is kind of a 1/2 of a full panoramic. It shows the farmhouse, buggy, all the pretty colored pumpkins/gourds, some small calf shelters and barns in the background, and of course, my GS. I like how the turn signal becomes just another pumpkin. I also have an idea for something scary/halloweeny, but will take some set-up and cooperation from some family. If that pans out I may replace this pic. But for now, this is my submission for this week.
              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 10-15-2018, 10:29 AM.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                While I'd love to take credit for photo skills,............
                Yes, You can take a lot of credit.
                I would say the major part of the skill is that of seeing the situation and recognizing the potential, which you obviously do.

Those that photograph things in potentially sketchy situations know the inner tension that sometimes arises in the situation.....that combination of fear and excitement.... .
                Hum.... Hey, Glen, wonder if you had any persons in particular in mind.

For me it is a combination of "Ew, this could be good photo", verses "Gee, if I get stuck (or fall in the water) (or drop off the edge) (or get hit by traffic) (or whatever) this is gonna make me look pretty stupid."

.......it was just a statue of the Virginia Mary ....
                Hum, Catholicism must be different in New Jersey.

Last edited by Redman; 10-14-2018, 05:34 PM. Reason: OR OR OR

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Yes, You can take a lot of credit.
                  I would say the major part of the skill is that of seeing the situation and recognizing the potential, which you obviously do.

Hum.... Hey, Glen, wonder if you had any persons in particular in mind.

For me it is a combination of "Ew, this could be good photo", verses "Gee, if I get stuck (or fall in the water) (or drop off the edge) (or get hit by traffic) (or whatever) this is gonna make me look pretty stupid."

Well your railroad bridge shot did come to mind.....
                  Regarding the blessed mother, the intent was to say that it was a statue and not a night watchman / goon.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went out on the GS looking for a harvest type pic but had some difficulty finding anything picture worthy, so I searched and found a pic from last year with my V-Strom. Having second thoughts about sharing that scene, I deleted it. Maybe later in the week another opportunity will present itself.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Glen, I believe that Redman was referring to your use of the name "Virginia Mary" for the Blessed Mother. lol
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Wow, missed that one. Thanks. It sometimes shocks me that despite my proofreading, I still miss things like that.. I also have a new work tablet and it's auto correct seems to be much more insistent on its way then the six year old one it replaced.

And unfortunately I didn't pick on Dave's dry and enjoyable humor in this case
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          I took this about 6 years ago....my 1988 GSXR 750 that I thought I needed because I always wanted one...lol...there was no practicla reason to own this bike....
                          The pic was taken outside Mount Douglas Park in Victoria....It's a tradition for people to discard their pumpkins after Halloween here.....thousands of pumpkins end up lining the road side and the entry to the park....the city waits a week or so then comes and cleans them up....it's pretty cool.

I forgot about that bike. What ever happened to that one. That was a really clean '88... Cool picture too!
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                            I forgot about that bike. What ever happened to that one. That was a really clean '88... Cool picture too!
                            Thanks.
                            After I did the custom graphics on it I rode it for a bit and decided it wasn’t for me... I wanted and it needed to be ridden fast all the time...and I didn’t like not knowing what was behind me me lol .... I bought it for $1700 put about $400 into it and sold it for $2300....it was good to scratch the itch of always wanting one. 🙂
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Thanks.
                              After I did the custom graphics on it I rode it for a bit and decided it wasn’t for me... I wanted and it needed to be ridden fast all the time...and I didn’t like not knowing what was behind me me lol .... I bought it for $1700 put about $400 into it and sold it for $2300....it was good to scratch the itch of always wanting one. 
                              I remember checking out that 85 for you. When you decided to pass on it I considered buying it as it was only$1000. But then I realize my body shape and that bike were incompatible ... LOL
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah the '95 I have is a bit rough on my old body, but it sure is fun to ride. I literally have dreams about carving up corners on it, lol. Bringing the old T back this winter for the days I want a more comfy ride.

Should have kept that one in the collection Trev...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X