No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for Roger's "Albuquerque's Pet Snake" No way would I ride by that without stopping. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Gotta be the Snake.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm thinking the snake as well. Its just one of those outlandishly cool things to make one stop.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

All are interesting things to see.

But as far as an interesting PHOTO of an interesting thing I like Rogers Snake and Storms 747/shuttle picture.
          For my photo of the steam locomotive, I was going to go back and find a more interesting pose, but, has been 15 degrees, snowing and blowing since then.

In Storms picture I like the way the bike aligns with the 747, and the way the shuttle is on top of the 747 is similar to the way the luggage is on the bike.... all happenstance I suspect, but adds to the composition of the photo.

Relative to the stated category of "Roadside Attraction", I will have to use that criteria as the tie breaker in my deliberation, and go with Roger's Snake since that really is a roadside attraction.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            .................. that pole out of the way 
            Pose bike in different place, or photo edit later..... like this, you mean?

You know, Roger Burque could have posed things different ....

hee hee har har (all in jest, among friends, I assure you)
            Last edited by Redman; 02-02-2018, 02:43 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              You know, Roger Burque could have posed things different ....

hee hee har har (all in jest, among friends, I assure you)
              That's awesome! I'd need better tires to get in position for a shot like that.

I took several pics that morning and rode around town for a couple of hours almost winding up late for church. I found a house that looked like a space ship but couldn't get a decent picture of it.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Looks like the snake took the cake this week, Lol. Thanks for the votes. I'll get something up for the next challenge here in a while.

I sure liked the tiny church and CBX, as well as the vintage train and Shadow. The Space Shuttle is super cool too. I saw it land at white sands (a few years ago )

Great pics guys.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Seven entries, and 6 votes

Congrats Mr Roger Burque (4 votes).

Comment

How about "on the border" for this week.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Rules says "own bike"....

how-za-bout a rental bike? ... I would say that day it was my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        How about "on the border" for this week.

just about to go for a ride and thought I would check what the tag was...lol... I'm a a two day ride from the nearest "border"...
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          just about to go for a ride and thought I would check what the tag was...lol... I'm a a two day ride from the nearest "border"...
                          Just a couple notes, Trev :
                          1) This is not really a "tag" game.
                          2) Picture that you may already have of an existing bike of yours from a previous trip is acceptable.
                          3) Theme for this week is "On The Border". Example picture is at a state "welcome" sign, but that doesn't mean all the pictures have to be at a state "welcome" sign, or state/province border or country border... just anything that can fit the theme of "On The Border". Now, of course how much liberty (artistic licence?) you apply is up to you (and up to the voters).
                          Last edited by Redman; 02-03-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Rules says "own bike"....

how-za-bout a rental bike? ... I would say that day it was my bike.
                            I now say "NO, picture of rental bike is not acceptable."
                            If I were to post picture of the rental bike I had by the NC border on the Dragon a couple years ago, nobody would know that was my picture I took.

I suspect the idea of picture of a currently owned bike is so we all have some idea that the picture is one the person took themselves and they were there (as opposed to some random picture they got from somewhere).
                            Last edited by Redman; 02-03-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              You can interpret border any way you want to. Heck, we had a book store named Borders. On the property of Borders would be a cool improvisation. Have fun and throw a pic up here when you can

I tried to copy and paste Google's definition of border and it got really weird but you get the idea.
                              Last edited by Burque73; 02-03-2018, 08:21 PM.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Well, for the category of "On The Border" I have only boring documentary pics of here-is-bike&sign-just-to-show-I-was-there.

Like this

Do have some interesting shots overlooking Ohio River (OH/KY border), but that is not at all apparent in the photo.

And, I do have many pics of bike parked in places that are bordering on stupidity. ......

Last edited by Redman; 02-04-2018, 03:02 PM. Reason: bordering on stupidity. ......

Comment

Working...
                                X