No announcement yet.

Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone over the age of three is surprised, but up to the point where the invasion started, everyone sort of had to act like there was a way for Putin to call it off.

One thing I've been wondering is where Pootie's Pals are. Tons of his ridiculously wealthy (but somewhat less wealthy as of today) Russian supporters are doubtless hiding in safe places in civilized countries. Won't it be a darn shame when they lose access to their funds and ability to travel.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      We can hope that the Nord pipeline is completely scuttled, that inflation in Russia goes bonkers, that supplies dwindle, and that eventually, the frightened masses rise up and depose Putin for the mid-20th century type of autocrat he is.
      He's a cold war relic that refused to read Gorby's memo. Best we can do is keep our own cold war relics out of the seats of power, that's a tough one when we have a segment of the population that still hasn't accepted the fact that the American Civil War ended 150 years ago.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        He's a cold war relic that refused to read Gorby's memo. Best we can do is keep our own cold war relics out of the seats of power, that's a tough one when we have a segment of the population that still hasn't accepted the fact that the American Civil War ended 150 years ago.
        That may be a more accurate summary than many are willing to accept.
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

The response from the Russian people to Putin's war on the Ukraine.

Shocked Russians turned out by the thousands Thursday to decry their country's invasion of Ukraine as emotional calls for protests grew on social media. Hundreds of posts came pouring in condemning Moscow’s most aggressive actions since the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Vladimir Putin called the attack a “special military operation” to protect civilians in eastern Ukraine from “genocide” — a false claim the U.S. had predicted would be a pretext for invasion, and which many Russians roundly rejected.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Canada cancels $700 M export contract with Russia.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

U K's largest ever sanctions against Russia.
              LONDON (Reuters) -Prime Minister Boris Johnson unveiled Britain's largest-ever package of sanctions against Russia on Thursday, targeting banks, members of President Vladimir Putin's closest circle and wealthy Russians who enjoy high-rolling London lifestyles. Western nations are coordinating action to impose tough sanctions against Russia in response to its all-out invasion on neighbouring Ukraine by staging missile strikes on cities and pouring its troops into the country. Speaking to Parliament just hours after Putin declared war with Ukraine, Johnson said the Russian leader would be condemned by the world and by history for his invasion, never able to cleanse the "blood of Ukraine from his hands".

Comment

Putin has amassed a staggering amount of western currency.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                  Maybe but that's reserved for his buddies and the war machine not the people.
                  I read blog from a Moscow resident today despite what Russian state tv claims the blogger said the populace is in a very somber mood, they didn't want this. He brought home a $100usd bill from a recent vacation, before the invasion it was worth 6000 rubles this morning it was 9500, the russian middle class and poor are going really be hit hard by crippling inflation. Only the russian people can remove him don't count on the Oligarchs to do it they all fear being invited to tea with Vlad, they've all seen how that ends.
                  1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                    On the other hand, although one may have money, no one is forced to sell to them. Considering world response, who will want to support and sell to Russia after their Ukraine invasion? Someone please explain what the upside is to Russia for invading the Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      On the other hand, although one may have money, no one is forced to sell to them. Considering world response, who will want to support and sell to Russia after their Ukraine invasion? Someone please explain what the upside is to Russia for invading the Ukraine.
                      It distracts from his failures. Rally 'round the flag, boys!
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

International security expert Kimberly Marten explains why she doesn't buy Russian President Vladimir Putin's explanation for going into Ukraine and offers what she sees as more plausible reasons.
                        No signature

Comment

Someone please explain what the upside is to Russia for invading the Ukraine.
                          I've spent WAY too much time over the course of the last two months trying to answer that exact same question.

Many have said that Putin knows he'll never "Make Russia great again" and is taking down the rest of the western world in order to level the playing field.

Just this morning I heard a quote from a lady cowering down in a subway tunnel in Kiev, she said "Putin is mentally sick"

Take your pick, If you want to try to make sense of things those are about as good a reasons as I can come up with although knowing a thing or two about about mental illness, sick people don't plan things as well as Putin has.
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

If anyone hasn't seen the videos of Putin as he ceremoniously struts around the Kremlin he presents himself as if he was the Tsar, Vlad the 1st aka Vlad the Poisoner...he's a total nutter.
                            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

He's a cunning nutter, if he is.

International security expert Kimberly Marten explains why she doesn't buy Russian President Vladimir Putin's explanation for going into Ukraine and offers what she sees as more plausible reasons.

mmm. but Ukraine's president has been begging for NATO membership.... Why did he invade now? I figure he should have just rolled straight in but he's a cautious chess player I guess. And maybe given the delay for the Olympics and the settling of a detente with China, or wanting that "We won't promise to not give Ukraine NATO membership" said out loud to justify it, a really good reason isthat it'd be a bad idea to wait for the Ukranians to hunker down with all the defensive arms the west was sending...

What does he get? Success as a Tsar. No Nicholas he!
                              He gets to drive to his dacha in Crimea without Ukraine in the way. He gets control of a zillion acres of wheat. Pipeline control. He also gets a bunch of unhappy Ukranians but Russia has been subsuming them for many years anyways-so much of Ukraine's populace are originally Russian. Not saying they all jump up for Putin, but it's unlikely they'll be so enthusiastic to shoot their cousins. .
                              And I don't think he's a $ guy. And the oligarchs will be ok with it. If they have to take a hit for Mother Russia they will, and anyways, might get something out of it. China will supply all the iphones Russians want and China can get all the gas and trees and metals at a good price. They don't exactly love each other, but together, they are the largest bloc on earth.
                              Last edited by Gorminrider; 02-25-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Interesting ..... Chinese banks have been restricted in trading in Russian commodities and Xi has urged Russia to negotiate ...... Apparently all is not rosy as it appears between China and Russia ....
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X