Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

So what two? The NY Times, and NPR I'll bet...
    What comes up on phone/laptop...Google, yahoo ,cnn...maybe MSN ? Bout the same type of reporting...

Nothing to get the to crazy about dicussing validity, just observation that isn't hard for anyone who looks at these sources, and their top story on Russian Ukraine two or three times a day.

It just seems to jump around from one thought to another?
    And mostly more than four or five reporters/writers so I guess I should expect different angles...oh well carry on

Comment

I watched an interesting interview of a Russian General on a Russian news program, he stated that Russia's military has "failed to meet any of it's objectives", the enemy is gaining in numbers,growing stronger and counter attacking.

This interview comes is a critical time, Putin has threatened prison for anyone not reporting from the official state reports. When a Senior General defies that order It would seem that Putin's control over the military is beginning to break down.

Unfortunately I watched the interview on my phone and I never thought to copy the link to the interview.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

This maybe obvious but Putin claiming that the Ukrainians are Nazi's is very ironic as Nazism is fascism, Nazi was just the name of the fascist political party in Germany. Russia today meets the definition of a fascist state. Russia is what it claims to be eliminating in the Ukraine.

"Fascism is generally defined as a political movement that embraces far-right nationalism and the forceful suppression of any opposition, all overseen by an authoritarian government. Fascists strongly oppose Marxism, liberalism and democracy, and believe the state takes precedence over individual interests."

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control early instances of army fascism and brutality— J. W. Aldridge

Other Words from fascism

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
          This maybe obvious but Putin claiming that the Ukrainians are Nazi's is very ironic as Nazism is fascism, Nazi was just the name of the fascist political party in Germany. Russia today meets the definition of a fascist state. Russia is what it claims to be eliminating in the Ukraine.
          Like most types of propaganda and disinformation there's a kernel of truth to base a story upon. Some of the people in Ukraine see a romanticized version of one of their past revolutionary hero's and are seen a Nazi's because their revolutionary prty leadership sided with the Nazi's in WWII in order to get the Russians (among others) out. After the Nazi's had no more use for the revolutionaries they killed off their leaders, an incomplete story is often the one most exploitable.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

aha! $! Oil! Natural Gas! I knew it was in here somewhere....Putin doesn't want the Ukraine supplanting Russia (which gets so much of her $ from gas and oil) . Funnily enough the reserves happen to be near the the Donbas and off shore around Crimea.
            (Wikipedia:
            Ukraine has Europe's third-largest shale gas reserves at 1.2 trillion cubic meters (tcm).[20] There are two potentially large shale gas fields.[20] The Yuzivska gas field located in Donetsk Oblast (province) and Kharkiv Oblast; and the Olesska field in Lviv Oblast and Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast....
            also here:
            A resolute development of Ukraine’s untapped reserves in the production, export and storage of energy would be in the interest of all sides involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              aha! $! Oil! Natural Gas! I knew it was in here somewhere.
              https://hir.harvard.edu/ukraine-energy-reserves/
              Lithium too!

Comment

This is a pretty long read but I could not put it down once I started. I will leave it here in case anyone else enjoys a good escape story,

This one is by a lady journalist, in her mid 60.s I calculate, an American who lived and worked for 44 years in Moscow writing and editing for the Moscow Times, an independent newspaper. The tale of how she figured out it was time to leave, the arrangements and prep she had to make, the emotions of leaving it all behind, a 14 hour ride stuffed in a van with her dog, the encounters with Russian checkpoint and border authorities. a long walk in 0 F pulling a 150 lb bag and her dog--all sort of put a different perspective on what one calls an adventure.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  Lithium too,eh? In the Donbas? (paywall! so couldn't read it ) but No wonder China wants to be "friend" to both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post

Lithium too,eh? In the Donbas? (paywall! so couldn't read it ) but No wonder China wants to be "friend" to both sides.
                    Ah, sorry bout that. My cookies get wiped quite often which resets the number of free visits you get before hitting the paywall. Here's the same story on an overseas site, I'd rather let someone else tell the story since my wheelhouse is BS (Belief systems)

Ukrainian researchers have speculated that the country’s eastern region holds close to 500,000 tons of lithium oxide, a source of lithium, which is critical to the production of the batteries that power electric vehicles.

Comment

Zelensky saying worst atrocities sine WWII
                      I guess he never heard of the partition of India or Rwanda
                      I guess only white folk count
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                        Zelensky saying worst atrocities sine WWII
                        I guess he never heard of the partition of India or Rwanda
                        I guess only white folk count
                        I guess he is the leader of a nation currently under siege who is trying to get the world more fully behind his country's cause.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Zalensky was referring to atrocities in Europe but he overlooked the war and genocide in Bosnia. The death toll of civilians in Bosnia was higher but if this war continues it'll eventually exceed Bosnia.

My cousin was with the UN pece keepers in Srebrenicia and had to stand by and watch the muslim men and boys being taken away for execution by the Serbs. He's still being treated for PTSD 27years later.

Comment

Working...
                          X