Honda magna drive noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda magna drive noise

Buddy at work bought a Honda magna VT1100 Shaft drive. Every time he tries to engage the gears and get rolling it starts making a racket. Not while in neutral or in gear while the clutch is disengaged but when he attempts to drive in 1st or 2nd. I try to tell everyone with a problem like this that the solution is to buy a GS Suzuki four but none listen and I have to help them limp along on some V motor crap. I've registered and searched for problems like this over on the Honda muscle bike forums but the only recommendations by members of these sites are to take it to a mechanic.

When I got to his house he had the oil drained and the clutch cover off so I'll be helping him inspect the clutch next time I stop by. While I was there I shifted it through all the gears with little to no difficulty so I'm thinking his transmission is fine. I don't expect to find any problems with the clutch but he's got it open so we might as well check the plate thicknesses. When we find no problems there I'll help him put the clutch back together and inspect the drive shaft to transmission linkage and gears.

Any recommendations of known failures in this area would be really helpful.

A new forum for your friend to join.
    A bit of info here.http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-...iberation.html
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
    X