Possible dead cylinder sparks fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible dead cylinder sparks fine

I have a 1979 GS850G and i went over to the west side of Washington state with my father on a motorcycle ride we went approx 180 miles ( we left from Moses lake up to chinook pass and down into Packwood WA) when i hit packwood WA i noticed my bike was "lugging", it felt as though my rear brake was being applied in short bursts. I continued on thinking maybe i just needed new spark plugs, then the next morning it starts again except this time its a continuous dead cylinder, i replace spark plugs x4 and continue on my way 2 miles down the road, it kicks in and i can no longer go any faster than 35 on the flat parts up to 70 going down hill and 20 going uphill...... i am extremely frustrated, i am still getting sparks, and when i open it up it will start popping within the engine it appears to be happening in the one of the right cylinders(while sitting on the bike). i pulled my airbox off and pushed the kick start down and got suction out of every carb except the inside right carb, i got pressure coming back at me.... is this a hole in my piston or rings going out or a valve, did i mention it smokes out of one of the exhaust pipes too!!, i already have a buyer for this bike $1,000 if it doesnt run or 1500 if it does, should i tear the engine apart or no?? i cant even think about what it could be PLEASE HELP!!!
Working...
X