Cafe anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, you're wrong.

The clubmans are supposed to throw you into a very forward seating position. Cafe RACER style, with much forward lean. About the only way to get lower is to install clip-ons.

I've seen them installed upside down, but I don't understand why anyone would want them that way, as that way would put the handlebars up HIGHER than stock... not very "racery".

Check out Carpy's Cafe site:
    เว็บหวยออนไลน์ที่น่าเล่น แจกโบนัสเยอะ อัตราจ่ายสูง เล่นหวยออนไลน์ หลายคนคงอยากที่จะรู้ว่า เว็บไหนที่หมาะสำหรับการเล่น มีความถูกต้องปลอดภัย

Comment

Maybe its the pic, and we're talking about the same thing. The center of clubmans should be like:
      _____
      /.........\

not

\_____/.

Correct?

It looks like you've gottem like pic 2
      Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2006, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
        8Track. What kind of 1/4 fairing is that!? I want one.
        Paper mache...

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
          Paper mache...
          Punk!

Comment

Punk!
            Go here Mr. Wooden Tyres. :-D

Comment

I think I'm fooked. I've got an 8" headlight.

Comment

Hehehe....I've got a 7"....and the price looks right\\/

Sometimes, smaller is better....

Bob T.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Here's how I fabbed all the mounting for my fairing:

Comment

I decided that after I get my 550e (just a few weeks away \\/ :grin: ) I'm basically going to copy 8track's 550, same paintjob even, but with that ebay fairing mentioned in here. I'm going to paint the bike the same blue myself, following the painting guide on the site, but I'm going to use decals for the stripes. Anyone have any suggestions for some good places to look that you've dealt with?

Comment

Originally posted by DieMonkeys View Post
                      I decided that after I get my 550e (just a few weeks away \\/ :grin: ) I'm basically going to copy 8track's 550, same paintjob even, but with that ebay fairing mentioned in here. I'm going to paint the bike the same blue myself, following the painting guide on the site, but I'm going to use decals for the stripes. Anyone have any suggestions for some good places to look that you've dealt with?
                      I'm flattered.
                      Btw, my fairing is the same as the one on ebay. Thats where I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by DieMonkeys View Post
                        I decided that after I get my 550e (just a few weeks away \\/ :grin: ) I'm basically going to copy 8track's 550, same paintjob even, but with that ebay fairing mentioned in here.

There won't be any living with him now. People are copying his designs.......

Comment

What can I say, I like the 1/4 fairing, I like blue, and white accents the blue. Except I want to maybe powdercoat the wheels so they match the blue, if it ain't tremendously expensive.

Comment

Maybe its the pic, and we're talking about the same thing. The center of clubmans should be like:
                            I guess that's why I'm confused as
                            my bars DO go __/ \__

I'm pretty sure you can't get the handlebars where mine are if you mount the bars upside-down

Are these pics any better?

Comment

Originally posted by baelzbub View Post
                              I guess that's why I'm confused as
                              my bars DO go __/ \__

I'm pretty sure you can't get the handlebars where mine are if you mount the bars upside-down

Are these pics any better?
                              http://amcforum.net/images/gs1000/work
                              OK. We're good.
                              They're on the way I thought they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by angus chapman View Post
                                hey witttom -

i've also recently purchased a 78 750e for the exact same purpose. i'd love to swap stories and photos. mine has a kawa Z1 tank and ducktail fitted (although new cafe seat to go on). also an 850 big bore kit. i've got the clubmans and bar end mirrors ready to go on once i get the vintage style grips i ordered off ebay. already replaced indicators and shocks. i'm planning: matt black paint with pinstriping, new headers and reverse cone muffler, cafe seat, modified guards, braided lines, small speedo and tacho etc. i'll get some photos of what she looks like now and put them up.
                                i haven't been able to find too many gs750's that have had the cafe treatment so its great to see someone else doing it.
                                My apologies for my delayed reponse. I was not automatically subscribed to this thread and I didn't realize others were replying.

I'm not getting quite as radical with my cafe project. Cafe fairing, clubmans, 530 chain conversion and lower gearing, and new tires. I hope it'll be back on the road by the end of the week.

I had originally planned to use some bar end mirrors that I had previouslly used on another semi-cafeinated bike that I had owned, but once I mounted them, I immediately didn't like them. I've gone back to the stock mirrors, which I think actually look pretty good with the exception of the fact that they stick out pretty far (although no further than the bar end mirrors). ...and, they are very functional.

Currently leaving my fenders intact, although I have added a fork brace.

I would like to eventually do something with my seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X