Getting close to finishing (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close to finishing (pics)

I am getting close to completing my bike but then again are any us ever finished working on our bikes.

Back Story:
    My brother had bought a 1980 GS1100E that was not running, he told that there was some fantom electrical problem that several mechanics had failed to fix. Well he was the next one to fail at it, he only succeeded in turning the bike in to many peices. After a couple a years in the garage my dad wanted it out so my bro was going to just going to give it to a cycle salvage shop (needless to say they were very eager to come and collect). But I stepped in and got him to turn the bike over to me. After only 3 days with the guidance of everyone here I found the loose wire in the ignition.

Dont have any before pics (didnt expect it to get this far or me to become so obsessed) but here are some midway pics HERE

And here is the bike now.

Here is another

Comment

and another

Comment

One more after this.

Comment

Let me just say thanks to everyone here for all your help, I couldn't of done this without it. I plan on polishing the edges of the wheels, swingarm and forks when I get more time. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks again!!

Adam

Comment

Definitely tough looking. Nice job ! Paint those pipes high temp black.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

very nice!

Comment

The exhaust headers are painted a satin black, you really cant see it that well in the picture. Later I plan on polishing the swingarm, forks, wheels and rearsets.

Adam
                Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2006, 08:20 PM.

Comment

how did you paint the tank thats the exact color im looking for any help would be great the bike looks awsom

Comment

I just used the regular rustoleum gloss black then covered that with rustoleum clear gloss. The key is to wet sand the final coat to give it that glass look.

Adam

Comment

And just how stupid does your brother feel? Great job.

Comment

He is going to feel even worse when I tell him that he isnt going to get next spring. He thought I was going to upgrade to a newer bike but I decided to do some suspension and engine upgrades and continue riding it. I am driven by the thought that next spring I will be able to beat my buddy's 02 R1 (not top speed of course).

Adam

Comment

That is unless he puts nitrous on his bike , but there are plenty of other people's jaws out there that I can drop.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                          X