Changing out turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing out turn signals

I got antsy to ride last weekend as the weather was kind enough. I bolted the bike back together and as I was putting the turn signals on it struck me that they are a) large b) fuggly and c) stick out aways....see avatar.

Looking at a couple of pictures I took and now use for computer wallpaper I'm thinking I need to change them out to something a bit more appealing. I have a set of flushmounts kicking around and I'm thinking of going that way but I'm also thinking something on a stalk might be more visible and thus safer. I know most modern bikes seem to run them so they can't be a major issue can they?

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks for the input.
    Cheers,
    Spyug.

I got a set of 4 chromed rectangular mini lites on E-bay the other week. They seem to look okay, being 2 wire setups. We're gonna hook em up to my sons mini monster this spring, but they look like they'll stand up to some usage. The stalks look like they measure about 1 1/2 inches, and the lites themselves are about 1 1/2" X 3"

Comment

Buell Blinkers

I wanted smaller blinkers also. Used these from a Buell. $12.50ea and DOT approved.

I will get some better pics of them if you like.
      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Mighty fine looking ride you got there Bill old mate.Cheers,Simon.\\/

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

I found some emgo (I think) short stalks on ebay. They are aluminum, not plastic. Once I got them I stripped the clear off of them and polished them. They look good, I think.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I had ditched the stock rear turn signal and has replaced them with a new set of Lockhart Phillips alluminum marker lights with clear lenses and amber bulbs. I got the matching set for the front too which I still have to install. Got all of then from a local motorcycle dealer.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. Much appreciated.

I have some flushmounts and I thought of using those on the front fairing with short stalks on the back but i'm a bit conflicted.

Do you find the shorter stalks and smaller lights to be harder to see than the stockers? For safety , I like being visible and I wonder if there is much of a difference?

I guess I could mock them up and check them out against the stockers.

Sorry to ramble.

cheers all,
              Spyug.

Comment

Working...
              X