hand guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hand guards

Well some of the ice and snow started to melt this week, so I figured maybe if I could get out of the woods here soon I could go for a ride. I live on a dirt road that is covered with a solid 2-3"s of ice from the last ice storm. I installed hand guards to help keep the digits out of the wind, But as I write this its snowing like crazy with an expected 6 more inches of snow, then 3/4'' ice.
    GREAT.
    So anyway I installed the mirrors on the guards this morning. I have extensions for the guards to if I need more wind blockage after I finally get to try them out.
    Heres a couple pics.

I vote we throw you out of the "club".......your man room is just too tidy!

On another board I frequent where most of the habitues are young sport bike dudes and dudettes anything that is flamboyant is termed "gay" (don't ask me why, I'm too old to understand). Those hand guards look semi gay to me:-D they would have been really gay on the stock bars.8-[

Mind you if they keep the hands a bit warmer who gives a rats patoot eh?

Good idea.

Cheers,
    Spyug.

Comment

Believe me its not that tidy. The dark pics hide alot.

Call them what you will, as long as they do there job I will be happy.
      In real life they don't STAND OUT quite so much as the pics. They do look much better on a dirtbike though.

Comment

They look like they'll do the job, allright!
        I recently got a pair of Hot Hands, by Oxford. Feels great on those sub freezing days, but the guards keep the wind off to begin with.
        I am thinking about maybe installing heated grips, sometime, though.
        After decades of freezing hands, I'm feeling a little prissy, myself!
        Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I must be a real wimp because I never think of going out for a ride this time of year. I might think about it but I don't go. Unless we hit one of those odd 60 degree days or something. After March 1, then I think and plan to go for a ride. Nice idea though. If they work then they are a great item!!

Ed

Comment

Those look pretty good on the ole Zuke! getting a set for my KLR, and may do a test fit on the GS....
            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
              I vote we throw you out of the "club".......your man room is just too tidy!

On another board I frequent where most of the habitues are young sport bike dudes and dudettes anything that is flamboyant is termed "gay" (don't ask me why, I'm too old to understand). Those hand guards look semi gay to me:-D they would have been really gay on the stock bars.8-[

Mind you if they keep the hands a bit warmer who gives a rats patoot eh?

Good idea.

Cheers,
              Spyug.
              You won't believe how hard that made me laugh!

Comment

Those that are more concerned about what others think, than how enjoyable their ride is......are gay in my opinion.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                  Those that are more concerned about what others think, than how enjoyable their ride is......are gay in my opinion.
                  That is an excellent point.

I get comments about my fully-fitted GK being "an old man's bike"

Some of that rubbed off onto the Bandit after i put on soft saddle bags and a hard case at the back

I like being able to shop and then carry "stuff" home with me, and having the equipment at hand that lets me do that does not hurt the handling of the bike at all.

The extra equipment changes the image of the bike and rider, so there is a minor advantage of not attracting as much attention from LEOs..

The GK is OK for winter riding, but not the Bandit...those tires are not meant for snow.

Hand guards is an idea I have looked at for some time, but never did it.

Well done!
                  "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                  Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                  X