Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman View Post
    but he's going to look kool doing it.
    I will give you that. I DO dig the velocity stack things he's got going. That is a pretty original idea.

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      HOLY CRAP!! That's NICE!!
      Yeah...that gives me wood.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Actually, not knocking the effort, but that looks pretty damn dangerous. Cut down to a single backbone with a hard strut and no other swingarm bracing? That thing is going to fold like a taco i fear.
        you can't brace the swinger on a shafty. Has to swing down in order to get the rear wheel off. If the tube thickness is enuff the backbone will work fine. I think a lot of people assume the wall thickness stays the same when this kind of work is undertaken. That would taco, fast! Read kenny p's build all the way thru, he built a nice bike for next to nothing. As for his I can't say but on mine the wall thickness is .120" which comes out to like 1/8th inch. I've seen several shafties done very similar and never read of any taco plates.

Comment

Metmachex swinger, Fox shocks, ATK Fork brace, braided lines, Dyna ignition, 4-1 out of a Yoshi header and a muffler from a Hayabusa. And that godawful seat was there when I bought it.

Nothing custom here other than being a bike unavailable in the states... Making it much like any other custom in that you're not too likely to see another like it anytime soon.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-12-2009, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by briyenkieth View Post
            you can't brace the swinger on a shafty. Has to swing down in order to get the rear wheel off. If the tube thickness is enuff the backbone will work fine. I think a lot of people assume the wall thickness stays the same when this kind of work is undertaken. That would taco, fast! Read kenny p's build all the way thru, he built a nice bike for next to nothing. As for his I can't say but on mine the wall thickness is .120" which comes out to like 1/8th inch. I've seen several shafties done very similar and never read of any taco plates.
            wasting your time..... no homemade hardtail ever didnt kill its owner and no bike manufacturer ever made a single downtube

Comment

Originally posted by kenny p View Post
              Newbie here.....She's almost finished, Hope you guys dig it.

All kidding aside dude, diggin the look but you have to address the engineering of that back end.... its going to fold up on you. Also, the forces on that lone bolt could be enough to tare the mounting hole or sheer the bolt depending on the grade of bolt you used.
              Last edited by katman; 02-12-2009, 05:19 PM.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Makes me arse sore just lookin at it...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyfingers View Post
                  Sure is. Cant wait to ride it.
                  What Rims are those? Supermoto's??
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyfingers View Post
                    Sure is. Cant wait to ride it.
                    What brake resovior are you using? GSXR...do you have a photo of your gauge set up?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      What brake resovior are you using? GSXR...do you have a photo of your gauge set up?
                      Check out my post "Gear indicator project"
                      It is a GSXR reservoir, that one is temporary. I have a nice clean one with a small bracket to install later.

Comment

Rotty-

That looks bad@$$!
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2009, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rotty
                          My bike is not finished in this pic.As soon as i get it finished i will post new pics.I have new handle bars and risers on it now.
                          NIce!! you should see it now...... Rotty did a great job on it.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

78 gs 750

Modified stock frame with hard tail and raked front end. Modified stock gas tank, big bore kit rejetted carbs to allow for staight pipes and velocity stacks. Drilled sprocket cover. Built the bike a few years ago. Sold it to a local. Got back in a trade a couple of months ago. Now is all gloss black instead of the red and black
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2009, 01:22 AM. Reason: boned up wording

Comment

78 750

More recent pic with muffllers, black paint and taller seat springs. A little more civil

Comment

Originally posted by atb1998 View Post
                                More recent pic with muffllers, black paint and taller seat springs. A little more civil
                                I'm diggin that too. Now that's a hardtail..
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X