what do you think of my YamaZuki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think of my YamaZuki?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to ask you guys what you thought of my Yamazuki. It started as an 83 GS 750 and i combined it with a 93 FZR. I back halfed the frame, changed the swingarm and front end. I still have to blend the bodies together somehow.

after pics
    Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM. Reason: pic didn't come out

Comment

Got a bigger photo that's not from a cell phone?

Comment

yeah, from a cell. I'm too lazy to come in and get the camera! lol

Comment

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Is that the finished product or a "work in progress"? Looks quite unfinished around the seat and headlight.

Comment

How wide are the wheels?
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Couldn't decide which kind you wante eh?
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

It looks like a streetfighter attempt gone bad, sorry I liked it better as a GS
                Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

FZR wheels are 3.0x17 up front and 3.5x18 in back. the rear is a CRAPPY size IMHO for a sportbike, since every sportbike in the world uses a universal 17" rim out back and most have since the late 80's.

I like it though. HUGE upgrade in braking performance, and wider front tire selection. if you graft the YZF600R swingarm in instead you get a 5.0 or 5.5x17 rear offering some VERY nice sportbike rubber selctions.

Comment

I like it. It looks fun
                    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

yeah, its not done yet. The FZR I got cheap and complete so I went with it. The front end and swingarm had to been worth it in weight savings alone. I will post some more pics (with camera not phone) when I get all the plastics done. thanks for the input

Comment

I would have done this instead, 160/60 in the stock swingarm. all the tire these will ever need.
                        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                        X