dented exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dented exhaust.

so today I was riding and I guess leaned a bit too far over. I heard a scrape noise, but thought since it didnt affect my ride it wasnt too important. Then I get home and go to put the center stand down and its stuck, jammed up into the exhaust.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and how did you fix it? or do you just live with that little ball shaped indent in the bottom of the pipe? I almost want to take the center stand off now....

Hooligan!
    So long as the dent is not so bad that it is choking off the exhaust flow i would leave it.
    If you scraping bits hard enough to cause dents maybe a firmer suspension or stand removal are in order.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I may go with the firmer suspension. Thank you!
      now off to research springs....

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post
        so today I was riding and I guess leaned a bit too far over. I heard a scrape noise, but thought since it didnt affect my ride it wasnt too important. Then I get home and go to put the center stand down and its stuck, jammed up into the exhaust.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and how did you fix it? or do you just live with that little ball shaped indent in the bottom of the pipe? I almost want to take the center stand off now....
        Sounds like you just earned a badge of honor.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

There are dents on mine, where both stands hit the muffler. It may be that they are supossed to be there.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
          X