Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Why stop?
    Ah...that is a question...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The easiest way?

Knock it over on it's side!

Well wait....I guess you want to be able to ride AND be low, so nevermind!

Comment

Scooteeerrrrrsssssss.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Isn't the seating position on all L models too low already?
          You could try to find an 18" front rim and 16" rear rim.

Daniel

Comment

Minibikesss

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Nothing wrong with going in straight lines.... teehee....
              -Mark
              Boston, MA
              Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
              sigpic
              1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Hey Guys. Tried to post a reply earlier and my internet crashed. Anyway, I want to lower it to be flat footed at stops. I'm not scared of her tipping or anything. I already touch, just not flat. A half inch would solve that problem. I can ride it perfectly how it is. I just like how it feels to sit flat foot. I have ridden a few sportys like this and loved it. I like the idea of putting a lower seat on but someone mentioned that the L models already have low seats. This is true but I think I could get it lower. I also like the idea of finding smaller rims. I love the star rims like I had on my old 425L. What are the chances of finding those in 16 inches? Some great info and suggestions here! Thanks guys!

Comment

I am pretty sure that all of my GL rear rims are 17" but I will look tomorrow.

Daniel

Comment

My 1981 750L has a 16 rear wheel, and it's the 5 spoke snowflake style.

Comment

smaller wheels will mess with speedo calibration .... if it's such a small amount to shorten it by why not pull the fork legs through the top yoke a little.... or shorten the front forks if that isn't enough...

Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Smaller front wheel would definitely mess with the speedo, but the rear wheel wouldn't have any effect on that at all. The rear wheel being smaller would just shorten your gear ratio, unless you got a smaller rear sprocket, too.

Comment

speedo calibration shouldn't be a problem because my gauges spun out and fried themselves... So I essentially I have no speedo or tach. I don't know enough about how they work to fit an aftermarket one to it. I did replace the cables and it did not help. So right now I shift by ear/feel and go with the flow of traffic...

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            High heeled boots?
                            This is the easiest way by far. Get some boots with thick soles, and you can easily gain that half an inch. Personally I agree by thinking that flat feet are over-rated, but changing out the suspension can potentially ruin the bike. Only done my people who know what they are doing.

Get some tall soled boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                              Hey Guys. Tried to post a reply earlier and my internet crashed. Anyway, I want to lower it to be flat footed at stops. I'm not scared of her tipping or anything. I already touch, just not flat. A half inch would solve that problem. I can ride it perfectly how it is. I just like how it feels to sit flat foot. I have ridden a few sportys like this and loved it. I like the idea of putting a lower seat on but someone mentioned that the L models already have low seats. This is true but I think I could get it lower. I also like the idea of finding smaller rims. I love the star rims like I had on my old 425L. What are the chances of finding those in 16 inches? Some great info and suggestions here! Thanks guys!
                              take padding out of the seat... dont bother with suspension mods or new rims....

or...
                              Capture great deals on stylish Men's Costumes from Rubie's, Handmade, Disney & more. Shop our wide variety of products at the lowest online prices. Free shipping for many items!
                              -Mark
                              Boston, MA
                              Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                              sigpic
                              1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
                              X