Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ..Any Idea what model GS this is?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ..Any Idea what model GS this is?????

Hello and thanks for the help. I plan on buying this GS suzuki tomorrow. But the person doesnt know anything about it and was abandoned onsite his property. ANd its too late and too dark to get any numbers off it. Does any one know what model this is? 750? 1100? thanks

I think we need a bit more to go on.....maybe a picture will help....

I swear it wasn't there before...
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2011, 01:03 AM.

Comment

'80- up something.

Daniel

Comment

'83 750T? Is the engine painted black? Hard to tell from the photo
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

'82 750T. Silver engine.

Comment

Buying it? Dude would have to pay ME to haul it off his property. Looks like a rusted out unsalvageable pile of half useful parts to me. I've had bike-in-a-box projects that looked in better shape than that... Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Buying it? Dude would have to pay ME to haul it off his property. Looks like a rusted out unsalvageable pile of half useful parts to me. I've had bike-in-a-box projects that looked in better shape than that... Wow!
              ^What he said. I would pass on that bike. Most likely, everything will need to be rebuilt/replaced, you've got some missing parts, and it has been abandoned for years outside? Most likely no title.

I would keep looking. These GS's aren't too hard to find and are pretty cheap.

Comment

GS xxx S that last s is for scrap. No title, abandoned, no value. Pass it up. If its free, you might be able to save a few parts, but it looks like it may have been scavenged already.

The top of the case right by the oil fill should be marked as to what the engine is.

Comment

Originally posted by keman View Post
                  GS xxx S that last s is for scrap. No title, abandoned, no value. Pass it up. If its free, you might be able to save a few parts, but it looks like it may have been scavenged already.

The top of the case right by the oil fill should be marked as to what the engine is.
                  As will the front of the jugs just about the base gasket usually, left hand side of the bike. (displacement is usually cast into a blank in the finning)

Comment

That makes my CB750F look good and I got a bunch of other stuff with it.Hope you aren't buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                      That makes my CB750F look good and I got a bunch of other stuff with it.Hope you aren't buying it.
                      I agree also.
                      I might take it if it was free and they paid my gas to pick it up.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                      X