X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Barcalounger is done....

And with a new name..... Here is the " Recurring Nightmare "

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/omprnj7kn...kan2yYY7a?dl=0

Absolutely awesome. Love the seat. And the carbon fiber. And the brakes. And the... well you get the idea.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Wow! Looks wicked!
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Congratulations on an exceptional job! Lots of cool details.

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS…… I hope thats my present

Very nice, awesome details, great stance, pure eye candy!

Comment

Thank you everyone, and happy holidays. The bike is for sale soon. But i have to move to NYC in 2 weeks.

Comment

Very nice!
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Great album thanks for sharing.
                Old bikes look so good with a tasteful resto mod job.
                Nice touches everywhere.
                Can you point me in the right direction to your air filter serup? I'd like to try that instead of pods.
                Thanks for sharing.

Comment

So many nice bits that fit well together. Nice work!
                  I would like to see a pic leaning on the side stand. Just a different stance.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Really, really cool. Would love to ride it!

Comment

Merry Christmas and congratulations! Really like all the small details. How does it ride? Thanks for sharing
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Very sweet job. Great work. I also love the carbon fiber.
                        David
                        1998 Suzuki Bandit
                        1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                        1978 GS1000 - gone
                        1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

It rides well, still need to dial in the suspension. Suprisingly the body positioning is right in the middle of adjustability, so i lucked out in that respect. I still have a fender to put on. Just deciding on how to finish it.... so i guess (technically )the bike isn't finished. (Whomp whomp)

Of course I've only been able to ride it up and down the road in front of the shop, so no real road riding experiments as of yet. Id like to connect with GSR members in NY to see if there are any co-op shop situations, to figure out what to do with my shop stuffs. Store here, store there, sell off...... ill figure it out. If i cannot sell "black beauty" in TX, then i suppose im bringing it to the city with me... and i dont think i could store it in my tiny apt. without daily complaints from the gf.

Comment

Very nicely done.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Well I made it to NYC ok. Got a storage unit in the Bronx (@ $257/mo !) For all my shop stuff and bikes. It was the only place that agreed to store them... anyone in new york need a shop partner? Hahaaha!

Comment

Working...
                              X