Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 gs1000g carb question

I tried searching the forum first

I have a gs1000g that was left to me when a family member passed it has sat for atleast 6 years i did manage to get it running with a carb cleaning but i guess when my family member tried to adjust the air fuel screws hes snapped off pieces of the carb body.

My question is this can i use gs850 carbs and use the jets and needle from my gs1000g?

also will newer katana carbs fit my bike i really wanna get it back to being able to be ridden

What year? 80 and after no. The carbs are two different sizes. The 1000 has 34MM and the 850 has 32mm.
    Take a pic of the damage and maybe they can be repaired/used.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Its a 1980 the whole side of the main carbs air fuel screw is cracked and broken away to the point u can only move the screw out like half a turn and then u could just pull It out.

I'm just looking for a no hassle alternative I have a harley I ride but I'd like to get his bike going kinda in his memory .

Comment

Working...
      X