Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growler
    Guest replied
    Great. Thanks everyone. I'll try at least one of these options.

Leave a comment:

• JTGS850GL
    replied
    Yep, forgot to mention that too. A little grease on the inside of the boots and the outsides of the carbs will help a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• GateKeeper
    Guest replied
    WD40, silicone spray, a bit of grease, all will aid in the installation of the carbs onto the rubber boots......

Leave a comment:

• JTGS850GL
    replied
    I always use a ratcheted hold down strap to aid in installing the carbs. I wrap the strap around the carb inlets and all the way around the engine and back to the carbs. I then tighten the strap till it begins to pull the carbs into the intake boots. Sometimes it tries to pull the carbs up or down but then all it takes is a little direction and they pop right in.

Leave a comment:

• GSXR7ED
    replied
    No wonder my reply went away....

Leave a comment:

• growler
    started a topic trouble reinstalling carbs

trouble reinstalling carbs

i accidentally deleted the thread after i posted it a bit ago.

so here we go:

spent much of yesterday fiddling around with my bike. went to reattach the carbs - set bottom of carb openings on the bottom lip of the boots and then tiltled them up while pushing in to seat them properly, but i couldn't get those buggers in there! i made sure there was nothing in the way, i wasn't catching on anything. i was almost pushing the bike off the center stand. after getting frustrated i gave it a rest and worked on electrical stuff. plan to reattempt tonight. should i move the bike so that the front wheel is against my garage wall - giving me a more solid thing to push against?

i don't think any type of lubrication is necessary, right?

the intake boots are pliable and without any noticable cracks, so i didn't replace them. the airbox was poorly sealed and i did replace those carb-to-airbox boots/hoses and weatherstipped the box. i wanted to see if that would make the bike run smoother (i suspected an air leak from carbs to airbox and in the airbox itself)

i had shop towels plugging up the intake boots over the winter, while i worked on the carbs and other projects. i've read a little bit of armor all will help slide them back on. don't want to do anything before checking with the forum first.
Working...
X