Float height question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float height question

Now that I'm getting back to working on my GS1100G engine transplant I've noticed that there is a strange difference between the GS1000G manual and the GS1100G manual when determining float height. According to the two manuals, the point at which you make the measurement is different. Don't know if this is some weird photo typo but this is what I found:

GS1000G:

GS1100G:

As you can see it clearly shows the 1000G being measured after the step on the float while the 1100G shows it being measured from the upper portion of the float. Also the lower measurement appears different as well.

Up till now I've always adjusted it like the 1000G, but if I do it on the 1100G carbs I find the float tab needs to be bent much more then expected. I've checked and the pins are not being compressed when the float weight is applied. I'll probably do the wet adjustment anyway, but found this to be a little odd. Maybe a difference in the float shape between 1980 and 1983.

Any ideas?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings
Working...
X