Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's don't forget our once a month battery charge and startup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup .. just got in from some battery charging ... 73F but since there is no filter between the sun and your skin here it felt warmer. 25 miles later .. yea .. winter maintenance done!

Comment

I leave mine for extended periods sometimes. I prefer to use the method in the manual (drain the float bowls). I like to have a full tank of non ethanol fuel, which in Oregon is easy. There are two stations with non ethanol premium within two miles. I drain the float bowls. On one of the bikes, oil cooler plumbing makes this a bit of a PITA. I'm still planning on switching over to button head allen screws to make that easier. I only think of it when I'm draining the float bowls. I've had good success with pulling the vacuum line and plugging it, then running the bike until it won't run even with the enrichener. I'll be firing up the '81 1000G for a pre-dawn ride to Donut Derilicts tomorrow morning. I hope there will be some interesting stuff there.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by fbody_mike View Post
        Riding Season? Storage?
        I'm spoiled, but I did ride in the rain today.
        IDK why any of my American neighbours live above the snow line.
        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          A better reminder would be to treat the gas with stabilizer, fully charge your AGM battery, change the oil, then FORGET IT until you are ready to go for a ride.

Starting a bike and not getting it up to FULL operating temperature is the largest killer, especially of exhaust systems.
          +1. I would never start my bike to just let it idle a few minutes while cold. I do remove the battery from the bike and hit it once a month with the tender as I have 5 batteries in total to look after and I do them all for an hour or so each at the beginning of each month just as a precaution.

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
          IDK why any of my American neighbours live above the snow line.
          It makes for great skiing.

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Working...
          X