performance intake mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
    this might be a dumb question but if i have to up my fuel jets to compensate for the amount of air going into the bike it would mean theres more power being produced right?
    Not necessarily... The larger jets just correct the A/F ratio to compensate for the increased air flow so you don't run lean.
    However, in most cases when fitting a less restrictive intake ( pod filters, largers carbs etc) you do gain some top end power as most airbox systems ( due to space restrictions ) don't allow the full designed pumping potential of the engine to be achieved.
    If the airbox can supply the engines full pumping capacity then you won't see any gains..

As for using pods on CV carbs.
    It's not the increased air that causes the problems but the separate intake pulses causing fluctuations on each individual diaphragm .
    CV's prefer a still air supply so creating a singular higher flowing smooth air supply from a modified airbox that acts evenly across the carb bank is the way to go..
    Last edited by zed1015; 05-06-2022, 02:58 AM.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

so this is a pretty good idea?
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

so this is a pretty good idea?
        Yes! It's a common mod when the original airbox design and space allows..
        Last edited by zed1015; 05-06-2022, 03:38 AM.
        Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
        VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

sorry never really seen it done before lol, just seen pods and stock airboxes mainly.
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

sorry never really seen it done before lol, just seen pods and stock airboxes mainly.
            My 1100E came to me with a big single K&N filter on the front half of the airbox and the rear half removed. You can see the filter with the side panel removed, below:

Mark
            1982 GS1100E
            1998 ZX-6R
            2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post

My 1100E came to me with a big single K&N filter on the front half of the airbox and the rear half removed. You can see the filter with the side panel removed, below:

Mark
              sweet! cant wait until mine is ready and tuned well!
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
              X