Dyna 2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2k

Got my Dyna 2k in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to install. Went quick, and was nice to cut all that 33 year old ignition wiring.

Set timing to 37.5deg total and selected advance curve 4 for 12.5deg idle timing w/ full advance achieved @ ~3,500rpm. The bike hadn't run for about a week since the coil busted. Before that had required some serious cranking to bring it to life if it even sat over night and had to idle for 60-90secs or would die if i cut the choke. This friggin' thing fired up on the first kick with the idle screw completely closed; On my bike thus far: unheard of. No popping, no sputtering and cold idle was tight and crisp as though it was piping hot. I guess this is what i was missing out on

I got home late and started working later so it was about 12am when I finished the install and Wifey was cool enough not to kick my face in for jacking around in the garage till midnight so i rightfully postponed the test run till today.

It was gorgeous today and slim chance of rain so i took the opportunity to ride to school. Idle was strong and very steady, no off-idle stumbles and bog/hesitation was significantly diminished but not eliminated. Power was more consistent through the whole rpm range and I noticed the mid-high RPM exhaust note to have a bit less drone. Starts right up every time and hardly requires choke.

I am now a Dyna 2k system proponent. Hoo-yah.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2011, 02:32 AM.
Working...
X